Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WKC represents at the Weber Grilling Academy  (Read 2049 times)

Cellar2ful

WKC represents at the Weber Grilling Academy
« on: June 04, 2017, 07:03:22 PM »

Three West Coast WKC members attended the Weber Grilling Academy today in Livermore, California.   @argentflame  @Heyjude  and myself.  Also in our group was my wife Karen,  AJ's wife Judy and two of our other friends. If you have the opportunity to visit one of these  mobile Weber truck classes, do it.  It's a lot of fun. Our instructional class today was on making and grilling beef sliders. Most of us have pretty good grilling skills, but it is worth seeing this mobile setup. The truck trailer folds or extends out into an air conditioned, double wide classroom with picnic tables. Pretty awesome rig. You get fed and at the end of the class, everyone gets some free Weber accessories. That alone should get some of you to go.  All the grilling is done on new Summit gas grills, but there are a couple of charcoal kettles and a Summit Charcoal on display.

After the class, Heyjude had brought a 18" lime to give to argentflame.  He also brought an original 60's Weber table for me.  Notice it leaned up against the truck?

Well, that is exactly where it stayed when I left and drove off.  An hour later at home, I realized I had left it.  Jumped back in the car and drove the 1/2 hour back to Livermore.  Found the Weber crew still there, breaking down and packing everything.  Jay, the Weber rep that conducted the class, had found the table and put it inside the rig.  He told me if I had not returned, they were going to take it with them, find my contact information through the WKC and ship it to me.  How's that for customer service.  Thanks Jay and the rest of the Weber and Kenwood Winery team.

Oh and here are the goodies each person gets for attending the Weber Grill Academy (grilling apron, slider press, spatula, magnetic temperature chart).

Here is a link for the schedule of for the Weber Grilling Academy:

https://www.weber.com/US/en/blog/webers-grilling-school-is-hitting-the-road-again

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
Re: WKC represents at the Weber Grilling Academy
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 07:12:58 PM »
It was so much fun I attended both classes. What an awesome
Experience and hung out with my buddies on the second class. Thank you for gifting me the 18" lime kettle my friend.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 07:27:10 PM »
It was a great afternoon. Got to meet some new people, hang out with some Grillfellas.. Any the WIfe didn't gripe a bit!
Got some great Weber Swag, including a Key Chain that you can only get form attending one of these events.
As we were out talking, everyone came out to see that beat up lime that I had for Argentflame..
Everyone wanted pics with it! Who knew?
Loads of fun, would go again.. Oh, and a great group of Weber workers. They made the day.. Thanks to the team.
@Cellar2ful @argentflame
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 11:40:35 PM »
Looks like an awesome time!   Happy to see that have 2 events coming up in Louisville.  Now I just have to figure out how to register.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Cellar2ful

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 05:30:00 AM »

@demosthenes9  - Strange how all the other dates have a tab link that takes you to registration.  One of the questions first asked during the class was " How many of you registered in advance and how many of you were just shopping, saw the truck and walked in"? Registration apparently is not a requirement. Try sending a PM to @TartanAvenger . He works for Weber and is on one of the trucks possibly working that area.  He may be able to give you guidance.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 05:30:10 AM »
Looks like a great time, guys. When you realized you left that table that had to be a oh crap moment. Glad to see they were going to take of ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 05:37:33 AM »
That is super cool, I want one of those cones, in fact I want 10 of them
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 12:25:43 PM »

@demosthenes9  - Strange how all the other dates have a tab link that takes you to registration.  One of the questions first asked during the class was " How many of you registered in advance and how many of you were just shopping, saw the truck and walked in"? Registration apparently is not a requirement. Try sending a PM to @TartanAvenger . He works for Weber and is on one of the trucks possibly working that area.  He may be able to give you guidance.

Thanks, will do.   I did notice that for the Louisville events, it says "Open" and has a time range rather than specific slots like other events do.  Thanks for the pointer to Tartan, i'll give him a shout.

Eugene-H

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 01:16:14 PM »
Looks like it was a great day. The only one near me will be Dalton Ga. in August.  I may try to make that one.