Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Genesis Restore & Regift  (Read 2090 times)

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
Genesis Restore & Regift
« on: May 25, 2017, 07:42:33 AM »
Years ago I gave my wife's brother a Genesis I had rehabbed. I offered to re-rehab it again this year so he had one to use at his lake house. (And so I could use it when we visit.) Well, I ended up combining two to make one, and used the mahogany tables from a former Mod-month entry that was re-purposed. Made a new mahogany handle to match. First time I've had the fire box and side panels blasted. I will do that again for sure. So nice to start with clean parts. Of course, I had to add new burners, flavorizers and grates - stainless of course. We'll give it a workout this weekend for a family picnic, (maybe get some better pics) then he can shlep it down to the lake so I don't have to.

Retired

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: Genesis Restore & Regift
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 07:43:35 AM »
That looks beautiful.  Love the woodwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 08:14:29 AM »
Love those 13 bar boxes. Where's you source your flavor bars and grates?  Good bad or indifferent

2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 09:02:08 AM »
Flavorizers and grates are NOS Weber. Bars are really nice, grates are not my favorite, but nothing wrong with them. I'm spoiled by the Summit SS grates now. I find both locally when they pop up on CL. I think I got these grates from @dwnthehatch . I would check out RCplaner on Ebay - or email him directly. His prices aren't bad. Less than $200 gets you a grill that will cook for at least ten more years, maybe twenty.
Retired

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 09:42:59 AM »
Awesome looking Genny happy to see it in your color
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 11:43:05 AM »
Look's great!!

mrgoodbar67

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 05:33:01 PM »
Not a gasser fan but that's a beauty

-Custon SS 1998 Performer- with mods inspired by Idahawk, Winz, Zavod44 and a bunch of you here.
- Jumbo Joe with smoker mods

Canadian Bacon

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 03:03:22 AM »
Very nice job on that Gasser....you really went to town on that grill....and as already mentioned,beautiful job on the woodwork.
Horizon Marshall RD Special Offset/Large BGE/Napoleon Gasser
22" Master Touch(Smoke) 2 Discada Cookers
Worlds Fastest Thermapens...Black and Blue

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2017, 09:06:05 AM »
I like your style Marty. Re-purposing material from a previous project to make something else new again. I do the same thing with junk...
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Tony

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2017, 11:27:45 AM »
Takes My breath Away, Brother!!

Makes my '92 Genesis look like a Train Wreck!  :-[ ;D

Awesome Job!

Best Regards,

Tony  ;)

mrgoodbar67

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2017, 12:22:46 PM »
One thing I always wondered, why didn't weber place the knobs on the front panel instead of the side like they did.  Doesn't appear to be efficient use of space

-Custon SS 1998 Performer- with mods inspired by Idahawk, Winz, Zavod44 and a bunch of you here.
- Jumbo Joe with smoker mods