Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: CL Copper score.  (Read 1990 times)

tspin818

• WKC Brave
CL Copper score.
« on: May 09, 2017, 04:36:02 PM »
Just picked up the first copper I have owned. Nice Japanese lady who said she was tired of cleaning it and switched to gas. I'm glad she cleaned it so well.

IMG_20170509_170257491 by tspin818

Looks brand new, not a mark on it. She kept apologizing for how dirty it was.

IMG_20170509_170347977 by tspin818,

It's an "AA" on the vent. I have never seen a Weber with black handles and a black triangle. She said that's how it was when she bought it new. Is this normal for the coppers?

Holy grail Red Smokey Joe

varekai

• WKC Ranger
Re: CL Copper score.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 04:38:36 PM »
Who cares if it's normal!.. lol. That is sweet, and no taco, that's the best part!!! 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 04:41:54 PM »
That's a sweet Target edition Copper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 04:45:08 PM »
Great score! It does look brand new. Yes! Target Copper special.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 04:46:18 PM »
Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 04:51:54 PM »
Cool! That's the first Target copper I've seen. Nice grab.

@Darko was telling the truth.  ;D
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 04:55:03 PM »
Very nice!!

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 05:47:00 PM »

Only if you believe the Target Copper should be called a special/limited edition just like the Canadian MT or the upcoming Red kettle.   ;D ;D
I called it a Target Copper special. Only cause, Weber made this particular copper OTS especially for Target stores. Weber also made promo kettles for many(beer, wine....etc companies) customers.  Ask yourself, if Weber would consider these special order kettles for these companies as Webers own Special/Limited Edition kettles.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 09:06:00 PM by greenweb »

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 06:03:23 PM »
The black handles are exclusive to this grill. I have one myself. Only made for one year. Only kettle I have without Zavs on it.
Still need a 22” yellow

Jet300

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 06:55:07 PM »
Wow.  Never saw a pic of the Target editions. I remember seeing them in Target back in the day, but I paid no mind to them because I was all about gassers back then.  Stooopid me.... 🤠

That being said​, when I got my first kettle, a Performer, it was Copper because  the wife remembered the ones we saw in Target and loved the color .. Smart girl!   I wonder how many were made. I've never seen one for sale. 

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2017, 07:14:56 PM »

Only if you believe the Target Copper should be called a special/limited edition just like the Canadian MT or the upcoming Red kettle.   ;D ;D
I called it a Target Copper special. Only cause, Weber made this particular copper OTS especially for Target stores. Weber also made promo kettles for many(beer, wine....etc companies) customers.  As yourself, if Weber would consider these special order kettles for these companies as Webers own Special/Limited Edition kettles.

@greenweb My @Darko reference was to an IM from him which explained to me what a Target Copper was. I wasn't aware of them. It had nothing to do with the "special edition or not" discussion.  :)
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2017, 08:55:50 PM »

I called it a Target Copper special. Only cause, Weber made this particular copper OTS especially for Target stores. Weber also made promo kettles for many(beer, wine....etc companies) customers.  As yourself, if Weber would consider these special order kettles for these companies as Webers own Special/Limited Edition kettles.

@greenweb My @Darko reference was to an IM from him which explained to me what a Target Copper was. I wasn't aware of them. It had nothing to do with the "special edition or not" discussion.  :)

@charred - sorry for jumping the gun thinking your agreement to Darko's opinion on other thread. Still, this was a good example to show why not. Again, others might disagree with me and that is fine.

Regardless, that is one fine looking kettle. And I am sure Darko will agree with me on that.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 09:28:35 PM by greenweb »

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2017, 09:11:17 PM »
My target copper was the first color I found. I was on the lookout for a blue. Really early stages of Weberitis. Now I love it! @Darko you can pull it from my dead cold hands.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 09:13:08 PM by TheDude »
Still need a 22” yellow

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
CL Copper score.
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2017, 04:48:17 AM »
Love the Target Copper, that's one I'd love to have in my collection. Congrats.
Too funny that she apologized for the "dirtiness."

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2017, 09:32:07 AM »
I love that Target copper.