Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: cleaning grill grates  (Read 3236 times)

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: cleaning grill grates
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2017, 08:53:38 AM »
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

bgdummy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2017, 06:42:07 AM »
Link not working

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
cleaning grill grates
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2017, 07:00:49 AM »
Link not working
Please don't take his wrong, as I have been reared with dark humor.
Your handle and comment made me laugh.

Hot fire and aluminum foil is how I have been cleaning my grates. Once my wire brush wore out, I just didn't replace it. Seems to work just fine. Still poop normally...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 07:05:21 AM by Travis »

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2017, 07:58:53 AM »
I try not to use grill brush much,when do I follow with a paper towel or rag with oil to clean off any left over broke wire bits.
Now to clean grates I during my once to twice grill clean up in soak them in warm water out in the sun in my water heater pan. I can do several at once,then scrub with the soapy water, rinse.
I also use a old style weeded tool from decades ago with a V notch to dig out roots to scape the big stuff of the grates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2017, 02:48:32 PM »
I use the bottom 16" cut from a 55 gallon plastic barrel and soak cook grates up to 22" in a water and Oxi-Clean powder.

I also toss any stainless steel and plated rotisserie parts like the Rib-O-Lator trays, EZ-Que cradles, Oct-O-Forks, baskets etc. in as well.

Usually an overnight soak is enough to remove most crud and the longer the soak the easier to clean. I hose them off in the tub. Look like new again!.

If $15-20 is too much to spring for a grate we need a new passion!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!