Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Commie Coal  (Read 1121 times)

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
Commie Coal
« on: March 09, 2017, 08:51:49 PM »
So now that old uncle Fidel dropped dead, apparently there is some from of free trade with Cuba, at least for the moment.....anyhow I was able to get some of this charcoal made down in Cuba.  This is the very first export that Cuba has sent out.  So I was intrigued.  It seems to be some pretty nice size chunks of lump....

It's not all full of crumbles, I haven't seen any plywood or rocks like the Cowboy Coal.  Now I will say that this was $45 for 35 lbs of coal, free shipping.  I got it for the interesting factor.  I'm not sure I'll be ordering by the truckload, but I am excited to have it.  I have not used it yet, but I'll report back once I fire this stuff up......Viva Fidel!
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Commie Coal
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 01:41:43 AM »
Free trade for now, I love to spend a little more on something like coal just to try it. I spent 28 bux on 20 lbs of rockwood at a store locally so your deal was not that outrageous.  You'll have to post your thoughts after first cook.  Maybe you should get that ancient kamado fixed up and do a low and slow cook on that with this stuff.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 10:09:41 AM »
Aww man, it's all burned up.  Better send it back!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 07:57:51 PM »
@LightningBoltz my vintage Japanese Kamado is ready to cook right now, no fixing necessary.....

Sent from my XT1650 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X