Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pork Steaks the right way!  (Read 913 times)

kemmons

• WKC Brave
Pork Steaks the right way!
« on: March 04, 2017, 02:35:53 PM »
Ok, ok... I know there is more than one way to cook a pork steak [emoji16].  But here in the birthplace of the pork steak we have been doing it a certain way for a long long time. In  St. Louis pork steaks are not only common but expected at any backyard BBQ, family party, etc.  They are found at any legitimate BBQ joint in town.  We learn how to cook these before we learn how to grill a hot dog.  It's a simple process that allows you to cook enough food to feed a crowd and still be able to hang out and drink some beers with the other guests.  I've been searching here and have not seen anyone doing it this way.  So here goes from STL to the rest of the kettle club. 

Step 1: Find the biggest pork steaks that you can, one of these is about 1 1/2 -2 lbs so they each feed a couple people.

Step 2: Marinate overnight.  You can use any marinade you like for pork.  I used Lawreys Hawaiian today because I had it hanging around.  This recipe is about the technique so it will work with any flavor profile you guys prefer. 

Step3: Get these things out of the marinade and get them rubbed down with whatever seasoning you like.  Do this a few hours before you intend to start cooking

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Step 4: set up the grill indirect.  I like to cook at about 350.  I'll smoke these for a few hours and get them up to temp.  I'm using sugar maple today for the smoke

While they're smoking get the sauce ready, I usually use SBR or just a mauls sauce.  You wanna cut it in half with beer and make it real thin.

Step 5: sear

Step 6: back in the pan and cover in the sauce you made.  Cover with foil and back on the grill at 325 -350 for a couple hours.

That's it simple easy St. Louis style pork steaks
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 04:07:22 PM by kemmons »

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Pork Steaks the right way!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 02:59:32 PM »
Same bat time same bat channel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

kemmons

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 03:07:08 PM »

Same bat time same bat channel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah!  I'll edit the post when I do the cook.  This nice weather is just getting me kinda excites

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 03:08:26 PM »
Them are some real good looking pork steaks! Go big or go home. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 01:29:41 AM »
If this turns out to be a westerner tea kettle I'm quitting the WKC!  Lol.  Looking forward to the next chapter. 

62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 01:35:59 AM »
Tease! Got my popcorn ready...

Sent from my LGLS991 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 08:58:06 AM »
Oh come man!!!!
I want to do pork steaks the right way...help a brother out[emoji3]