Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pizza Redemption  (Read 1463 times)

jaynik

• WKC Brave
Pizza Redemption
« on: February 04, 2017, 06:21:04 PM »
After the meh pizzas a couple weeks ago I had to go for redemption. My daughter is home for a couple days and asked for pizza so here we go.   I bought one dough ball at the store and decided I needed more. Since @MikeRocksTheRed talks about Bobby Flay's dough recipe so I gave it a shot.  I was able to use it in about an hour. It was better than the store dough and a big more rugged than my normal dough recipe.
Anyhow, I cooked 4 pies and kept the bottom from burning by better coal placement. Had to use a ton of charcoal because it's really cold out.  In the end we ate well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nate

• WKC Ranger
Re: Pizza Redemption
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 06:34:05 PM »
Oh yeah! Yum

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 07:42:09 AM »
Great looking cook @jaynik!!!!  I've found that the dough is easier to work if I let it rise longer than an hour, like an hour and a half or even a little longer.  I've also found that if I dump the dough out of the bowl directly to the surface I am going to work it on, it is much easier.  This also how I have finally managed to actually make round pizzas!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 07:24:46 PM »
Looks great man!  I too use the Bobby Flay recipe.  Works every time.  Like we said before...keep plugging away.  The more pies you make the better you get.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

JDann24

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 07:28:21 PM »
Pizza looks great. I keep hearing good things about that Bobby Flay dough recipe.
Looking for colored 18's and SJ's.