Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 3 kettle cook up  (Read 2122 times)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
3 kettle cook up
« on: January 31, 2017, 04:00:50 PM »
Started the brownie up this morning with a 2x2 snake using Stubbs and pecan. Ran from 8am till 5pm using about 3/4 of the snake. Smoked the chuck until desired color then put on bed of onions and peppers with red wine, covered and raised till probe tender, around 205 IT.
Rotisserie herb crusted pork loin on the red mbh trying something new. Just runnin one basket. Worked out well. Pulled at 140 IT.
Also a first, cauliflower rice. Chopped and put into a food processor till it looks like rice, then sautéed in a black iron pan on the faded black mbh. Served with balsamic vinegar and veggies.
The snake method is definitely a tried and true method. My wife and I spent the afternoon at the local bar sharing some wings and a pitcher of beer and when we came back a couple hours later the kettle had gained 5 degrees. Can't argue with that.
Here's some pics.
Have a good one fella's!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
Re: 3 kettle cook up
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 04:05:53 PM »
Nice lineup! !

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

JDann24

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 04:32:43 PM »
Wow! Special Occasion?
Looking for colored 18's and SJ's.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 04:54:18 PM »
Wow! Special Occasion?
No special occasion. Just had some stuff to get cooked up that I had bought while on sale. You know how it goes!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 05:11:28 PM »
Amazing Travis!  It's fun doing mutiple cooks.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 05:15:57 PM »
Dang that all looks awesome. Some real chef work right there

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 06:57:59 PM »
@Travis how did you like the cauliflower rice? I tried it steamed and pureed last week and was not a fan. If this method is any better I may have to give it a try, otherwise I will just keep slicing them into thick steaks and grilling them like that. Everything elese looks great by the way!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 07:56:52 PM »
way to go Trav!!!
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 08:26:59 PM »
@WEBERNV Honestly, they won't be in the future rotation. They are just bland by themselves. I would only use them to use as a bed, like for the veggies. Might be another spice you could add to help. Thought I'd try it though.

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2017, 06:01:57 AM »
Nice set up! Colors

Webers rule

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 06:09:17 AM »
Thanks fella's and @HoosierKettle, I'm glad you mentioned "chef". I have to give credit to my bride for the plating pic. She's great at that.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2017, 06:21:59 AM »
That gets a double "Oh Yeah" since I could find a pic of a triple "oh yeah!"

62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2017, 06:28:54 AM »
That's cooking! Looks great guy!👍
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2017, 06:34:06 AM »
@Travis how did you like the cauliflower rice? I tried it steamed and pureed last week and was not a fan. If this method is any better I may have to give it a try, otherwise I will just keep slicing them into thick steaks and grilling them like that. Everything else looks great by the way!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I've done it this way and liked it.  You have to try to dry the cauliflower via a colander then squeeze out some of the water with paper towels.  Once that was done I mixed it will some cream cheese and butter then put in the food processor to make potatoes out of it.  I really liked it.  I'd suggest just using regular cauliflower instead of the pre riced stuff, it can just be drained after cooking.  You can also add rosemary, garlic, etc to give it some more flavor.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

WNC

• WKC Performer
3 kettle cook up
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 03:20:18 PM »
Looks great Travis!
We rice the cauliflower a lot, we use like mashed potatoes like Mike, as a base for other things too.
It's so much healthier for you than real starches, good way to ease into eating a little more healthy.
My wife makes me eat like that all the time, so it could just be I'm more used to it now...[emoji3]