Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Slow N Sear vs Vortex  (Read 8437 times)

Campwhatnot

• Smokey Joe
Re: Slow N Sear vs Vortex
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 01:59:23 PM »
Turn the vortex wide end up and grill a beer can chicken infared style. It is great

Sent from my SM-G955W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

buckeyesmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 03:13:01 PM »
 Have both an enjoy both. Probably use Vortex more. but I seem to go in phases with the grills an accessories. IF I could have ONLY ONE hands down being the Vortex. Price being #1...just as or more versatile than SNS. I actually find the Snake method is more "set an forget" or "rock solid temp" (whichever term you prefer) than the SNS. AN uses less fuel.  JMOYMV   
Search of Blue or Green MBH

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2017, 03:14:05 PM »
wow that looks good. I gotta try that

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 04:41:13 PM »
The big downside for a vortex/poortex is not being able to use a drip pan. Fabricating one will be one of my projects.  Not an easy task by any means. 

JV

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2017, 07:02:13 PM »
I just lay tin foil down around the outside circumference of the ash grate. Still have to clean the sides of the bowl but I have a round nosed wood scraper that does a nice job for that
The big downside for a vortex/poortex is not being able to use a drip pan. Fabricating one will be one of my projects.  Not an easy task by any means. 

JV

Campwhatnot

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2017, 04:28:31 AM »
I just lay tin foil down around the outside circumference of the ash grate. Still have to clean the sides of the bowl but I have a round nosed wood scraper that does a nice job for that

JV
Yup! Foil is Ur friend

Sent from my SM-G955W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 05:44:06 AM by Campwhatnot »

dirtfishingman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2018, 08:02:58 PM »
Any use the vortex for smoking.  Lots of wing talk but was wonder if anyone flips it and puts a tray in the middle.  Then uses snake method?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wahoo95

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2018, 04:27:19 AM »
Any use the vortex for smoking.  Lots of wing talk but was wonder if anyone flips it and puts a tray in the middle.  Then uses snake method?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yup, works great too. Awesome way to do a butt

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Wahoo95

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2018, 04:28:41 AM »

JV
I've never worried about that. I just spread the coals out when done and allow them to burn off any drippings turning it all to ash

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2018, 05:07:37 AM »
I've never worried about that. I just spread the coals out when done and allow them to burn off any drippings turning it all to ash
I got that problem solved.