Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Something different  (Read 1823 times)

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
Something different
« on: January 18, 2017, 05:00:11 PM »
Killer Hogs Bbq Rub on cedar plank salmon. Turned out pretty good. Prefer dillweed and lemons with honey mustard sauce Travis from here gave me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: Something different
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 05:11:30 PM »
Yum, that looks awesome!  More details please.  Skin on or off?  Did you soak the plank?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 05:15:09 PM »
Looks awesome. How did you like he rub on there? Never thought of that. Pretty color.

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 05:56:25 PM »
Looks great!
Did some plank salmon last week, it's always good

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 03:27:34 AM »
I was lazy and left the skin on. Soaked the plank for a hour. Covered salmon with the rub and left on 30 minutes before putting on grill. Used lump and cooked 20 minutes. Finished with a red pepper flake honey mustard sauce. It was good and a different spin on salmon.

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 03:31:54 AM »

Looks awesome. How did you like he rub on there? Never thought of that. Pretty color.

I liked it and so did the family. The color was real awesome. Finished with honey mustard sauce with red pepper flakes. I like the dill weed and lemon recipe you gave me better , but this was still good. Watched Malcom Reeds video on his plank salmon and decided to try it. He made a soy , balsamic , and honey glaze on his.

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 03:33:32 AM »

Looks great!
Did some plank salmon last week, it's always good

easy and delicious . Salmon is almost a weekly cook for my household .

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 07:07:51 AM »
Growing up on the Chesapeake Bay and having the ability to go out and catch fish for dinner I never really acquired a taste for salmon.  My girlfriend grew up in PA and her family were also big Chesapeake Bay fishers so she isn't a big salmon fan either.  That being said, your salmon looks really good @wessonjb.  I like the idea of a rub followed by a nice sauce.  I might have to pick up a piece of salmon and give it another shot.  Great looking cook!!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 07:16:29 AM »

Growing up on the Chesapeake Bay and having the ability to go out and catch fish for dinner I never really acquired a taste for salmon.  My girlfriend grew up in PA and her family were also big Chesapeake Bay fishers so she isn't a big salmon fan either.  That being said, your salmon looks really good @wessonjb.  I like the idea of a rub followed by a nice sauce.  I might have to pick up a piece of salmon and give it another shot.  Great looking cook!!!!
I'm from the gulf coast Mobile , Al and know exactly what your talking about. I didn't start eating salmon till this past year and love it. Definitely worth trying and I think you'll love it

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 07:17:51 AM »

I'm from the gulf coast Mobile , Al and know exactly what your talking about. I didn't start eating salmon till this past year and love it. Definitely worth trying and I think you'll love it

google Malcom Reeds cedar plank video. This is what I used on this cook minus a different finishing sauce

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 07:19:45 AM »

google Malcom Reeds cedar plank video. This is what I used on this cook minus a different finishing sauce

Will do!  Thanks!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 10:11:14 AM »
That looks fantastic. I'm a big fan of lemon and soy flavors with fish, never thought about going with traditional BBQ flavors

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 10:43:29 AM »
That looks fantastic. I'm a big fan of lemon and soy flavors with fish, never thought about going with traditional BBQ flavors

IMO lemon is better. This wasn't bad by any means at all though.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2017, 04:24:35 AM »
Wow that looks good! I don't get salmon much... I am the only one who likes it in this casa.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.