Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Barrel House Cooker  (Read 5236 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Barrel House Cooker
« on: January 13, 2017, 11:57:53 AM »
Has anyone tried any of the grates or hanging meat rack from BHC in their 14" WSM or Tamale Pot SJ??
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Re: Barrel House Cooker
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 06:39:47 PM »
I had not seen the BHC until now. I like the various half racks. Would love to give the chicken leg grate a shot. I'm thinking the H hanging rack wouldn't work too well for some meats in a WSM or TPSJ... a full rack of ribs certainly wouldn't work. You'd need a 16 gal drum for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 05:45:31 AM by Bob BQ »
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 02:43:48 AM »
You mean like this one!!!
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 07:03:07 AM »
I think he is referring to the accessories that come with this.

https://www.barrelhousecooker.com/products/cookers/bhc-14-deluxe/
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 03:37:22 AM »
@swamprb I think I am going to purchase one of these soon, I'll be able to do some testing when I get it.  I don't have a 14 wsm but I do have a mini Pot WSM.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 04:39:48 AM »
@swamprb I think I am going to purchase one of these soon, I'll be able to do some testing when I get it.  I don't have a 14 wsm but I do have a mini Pot WSM.

I was thinking of building a BHC Clone just for hanging and using a 15 gallon drum on a modified SJ bowl. Add to project list!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 04:58:06 AM »

I was thinking of building a BHC Clone just for hanging and using a 15 gallon drum on a modified SJ bowl. Add to project list!

A buddy of mine has it and is looking to sell, he wants to get a pellet cooker.

I have never done the vertical cookers before and thought i would atleast try it out.  At a minimum I could use it for a few months then sell it if I really don't need it.  I think I already know the answer to that.

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 01:22:40 PM »
@swamprb   I got the Barrel House and while the  grates from the weber fit in the cooker and the accessories from the barrel house fit on the Weber Joe, they will not fit in tamale pot.

I don't have a 14 WSM so I can't tell if that would work.

Haven't tried the barrel house but will likely do it next weekend.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 03:59:55 PM »
@swamprb   I got the Barrel House and while the  grates from the weber fit in the cooker and the accessories from the barrel house fit on the Weber Joe, they will not fit in tamale pot.

I don't have a 14 WSM so I can't tell if that would work.

Haven't tried the barrel house but will likely do it next weekend.

Are the hanging racks the same size as the SJ cook grates? What grates are you using in tamale pot?

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2017, 04:32:27 PM »
I am using std smokey joe grates in the tamale pot, the hanging rack seems to be slightly larger.  I will see if I can get a side by side shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2017, 06:45:40 AM »
@LightningBoldtz did you have a chance to check out the size of the barrel house hanging grate?  If you could take a measurement I would really appreciate it.  Want to get one for my 16 gallon drum. 

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2017, 06:50:40 AM »
@Josh G So RE size the hanging grate is about the same size as the smokey joe cooking grate, it is very slightly larger, probably 1/4 or 1/2 inch larger.

I will get you more details if you want.  We can move this to PM if you want to?

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2017, 07:08:40 AM »
@Josh G So RE size the hanging grate is about the same size as the smokey joe cooking grate, it is very slightly larger, probably 1/4 or 1/2 inch larger.

I will get you more details if you want.  We can move this to PM if you want to?

Hit me up with the info as well

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2017, 07:22:45 AM »
Can't find info on their site have not got an email back from them

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2017, 07:08:55 AM »
@Josh G
@swamprb

I think this is what you are looking for.  I am selling my Barrelhouse so I wanted to get you the info.

Both starting out @ 24 inch on the ruler.

The smokey Joe grate looks to be about 1/4 to 3/16 smaller, which is why the H frame will not fit in a mini smokey joe, I don't have a 14 WSM so I can't speak to that.