Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Colored WSM question  (Read 4688 times)

Kneab

• WKC Performer
Colored WSM question
« on: December 28, 2016, 04:50:16 AM »
I was looking at Weber.com for miscellaneous accessories and stumbled on a picture that shows a blue Wsm and a matching blue Performer SS. My question is have they ever sold colored wsm's?

searching for 2 18" straight lip twist ash pans.

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Colored WSM question
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 05:00:39 AM »
Nope, this is a 1 in a million model that @AnotherPintPlease owns. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 12:28:02 PM by LightningBoldtz »
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

bear

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 05:01:06 AM »
Yep, that's probably the only one that exists. Some guy that knows a guy that works at the factory..... Bastard!

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 05:03:23 AM »
What LB said.
[emoji6]
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 05:05:38 AM »
That blue........

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 05:14:40 AM »
he has a great blog  http://www.anotherpintplease.com/
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 05:18:08 AM »
Almost as irritating.
In the same article they are using a 26 bowl for a beer cooler😔
I want a 26 to cook on. I have plenty of  coolers for beer.

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 05:20:04 AM »
he has a great blog  http://www.anotherpintplease.com/
Just bookmarked that 😊
Lots of good looking food there.

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Maineac

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 06:36:50 AM »
If you owned that blue WSM you wouldn't want to cook with it. And that would be fine with me. It could just grace the deck with all it's beauty. It sure is very nice to look at.
Performer - Jumbo Joe - Smokey Joe Gold - Bayou Classic SS84
MAK 1 Star #184 - Bradley OBS #968,312 - Spirit E-310

AnotherPintPlease

• Smokey Joe
    • Another Pint Please
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 08:52:54 AM »
Thanks everyone for the mentions! Much appreciated! Oh, how I do love my blue WSM! Sadly, you won't see any more new pictures of it on the official site, as it attracts a lot of attention to a product they don't make :'( . I didn't even realize it was in the overhead shot until @Kneab posted it. I have always suggested colors would be a big hit and while it won't be on the Weber blog anytime soon, I promise it will make appearances on mine from time to time!

Cheers!
Mike

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 09:24:58 AM »
Thanks everyone for the mentions! Much appreciated! Oh, how I do love my blue WSM! Sadly, you won't see any more new pictures of it on the official site, as it attracts a lot of attention to a product they don't make :'( . I didn't even realize it was in the overhead shot until @Kneab posted it. I have always suggested colors would be a big hit and while it won't be on the Weber blog anytime soon, I promise it will make appearances on mine from time to time!

Cheers!
Mike
I apologize for attracting more attention to your blue WSM. I checked out your blog also and bookmarked it. You have a lot of great looking cooks.👍
Weber should make everything in colors.  I would love to have a red Wsm and a red 26" to match my red Performer SS and my recently restored red 86 Genesis.😉

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 09:59:40 AM »

Cheers!
Mike

Haha, @AnotherPintPlease did you get sat down by the Weber marketing officer and grillmaster? "Yo, Mike. It would be great if you can put blue-2-d2 away when we do our video shoots. You keep getting these WKC Grillfellas riled up and they keep calling our csr's about it. Put this Westerner back there instead. We need to increase our presence in TX." lol.

@Kneab, there's been several fun discussions about this wsm. I'm sure you can find them by googling blue wsm Weber kettle club.

Mike, you're more than welcome to show it off here! I think it's funny that this q comes up every few months. In the meantime, the blue wsm makes cameos here:

https://youtu.be/tPNZZhHbhe8

https://youtu.be/yQi8HqFubgc
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 10:04:28 AM by pbe gummi bear »
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2016, 10:07:35 AM »
I found the blue WSM by mistake on Weber.com
I was looking for that cool weber bottle opener that is only available in Germany. 😔
I typed in bottle opener and saw it in the second  thumbnail that came up from my search. Weber isn't exactly hiding it.

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

AnotherPintPlease

• Smokey Joe
    • Another Pint Please
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2016, 12:57:14 PM »
I apologize for attracting more attention to your blue WSM. I checked out your blog also and bookmarked it. You have a lot of great looking cooks.👍
Weber should make everything in colors.  I would love to have a red Wsm and a red 26" to match my red Performer SS and my recently restored red 86 Genesis.😉

No worries! Thanks so much!!

Haha, @AnotherPintPlease did you get sat down by the Weber marketing officer and grillmaster? "Yo, Mike. It would be great if you can put blue-2-d2 away when we do our video shoots. You keep getting these WKC Grillfellas riled up and they keep calling our csr's about it. Put this Westerner back there instead. We need to increase our presence in TX." lol.

@Kneab, there's been several fun discussions about this wsm. I'm sure you can find them by googling blue wsm Weber kettle club.

Mike, you're more than welcome to show it off here! I think it's funny that this q comes up every few months. In the meantime, the blue wsm makes cameos here:

https://youtu.be/tPNZZhHbhe8

https://youtu.be/yQi8HqFubgc

Haha...not exactly, but close!  ;)

I promise it will make some cameos!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2016, 05:32:25 PM »
Actually there are a few powder coated ones out there, just not porcelain coated.  Years back TVWBB had a couple powder coated 18's for a promotion detailed here:

Red

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/littleredbullet.html

TwoToneBlue

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/twotonebluebullet.html

I recall seeing pics of the Red 18" WSM from the guy that won it after using it in FBA comps and it got that kind of orange brown fade on the finish - kinda like Troy's and my RED Cajun Bandit Conversions get from repeated usage.  NOTE the price breakdown of the powder coating and mods on the links!

I have some pics of a couple 18'' WSM from a fellow comp cook that had 2 blasted and coated Blue (supposedly with high temp powder) that faded and turned a weird shade of flat blue that is pretty fugly IMO!

Paul is a kickass cook and used these for catering as well. As much as I like to see pretty trailer kweenkettles if I don't see meat or smoke rollin' on them they ain't shit!!

« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 06:04:09 PM by swamprb »
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!