Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 2017 Calendar photos (photographers and kettle owners)  (Read 1459 times)

Cellar2ful

2017 Calendar photos (photographers and kettle owners)
« on: December 23, 2016, 10:51:55 AM »

A couple of members inquired about the year and owners of the kettles featured in the 2017 WKC calendar.  Thought I would start this thread and hopefully, other contributors will join in and post.

I submitted this photo to Matt @SixZeroFour for consideration in the 2017 calendar. It was selected and is the July featured Weber kettle. Here is the story behind the photograph.  An early October morning this year, I was admiring the bright blue skies and brilliant white clouds.  I thought it would make for a beautiful background for photographing a kettle. I started out kneeling, taking pictures of the kettle with the sky and cloud background. Trees and other clutter kept spoiling the effect I wanted so I finally had to lay down and take the picture looking up towards the heavens. It is a unrestored  1971-1975.  I titled the photo "Celestial Yachtsman".  Not sure if the Yachtsman title fits the year but I liked the ring to the title.  Apparently Weber liked it also. They selected the photo as  "Griller of the Week", supposedly to be featured sometime this month on Weber's Facebook page. 

Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year!

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: 2017 Calendar photos (photographers and kettle owners)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 11:16:21 AM »
Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 11:34:42 AM »
August is my 2007 Copper Smokey Joe Gold.  From my research on WKC, they were only made for one year and sold through one retailer, Linens N' Things.

As for the picture, I was outside raking leaves when my mind wondered off to the package of handles I just received from Bryan. Down went the rake and out came the screwdriver. I messed around taking a lot of pictures but this one made the cut for the calendar.  Full story is here.

Wanted: Burgundy 18"

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 01:26:39 AM »
Great stories, great photos, great kettles! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 08:50:13 AM »
Anyone want to take ownership of the February picture?  Beautiful kettles and back yard!
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 10:35:13 AM »
@Neil_VT00 That's my yard and my kettles :) 

My wife was/is a professional photographer...for STL members she used to be the lead photographer for the local rich folks magazine "The Ladue News." 

Anyway, she's taken some beautiful pics of some of my kettles.  If I get a chance, I'll post more here.
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 11:02:17 AM »
Love this months pic!
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution