Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Would you?  (Read 3123 times)

charred

• WKC Performer
Re: Would you?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2017, 03:50:50 PM »
I commend your integrity, honesty, and decency.

I hope it becomes rightfully yours!
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Rob G

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2017, 09:03:50 PM »
I would wait as well. It's not worth the chance. If you get it and parting it out I'm looking for a ash catcher 18.5:) Just saying. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2017, 09:12:26 PM »
@Cellar2ful look up their name/address/phone # then call them to make an offer.... while you're parked on the street. Or on second thought, maybe don't do that. lol.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2017, 10:01:53 PM »
What's address I'll go get it!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Webers rule

Cellar2ful

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2017, 11:12:07 AM »

So I drove by the house this morning.  The kettle had been moved onto the grass, closer to the house. On the front porch was a large unchained Akita dog guarding the kettle.  With my note gone from the door and having received no phone call,  I have to assume they are not interested in getting rid of the kettle. 

About 10 houses down from this house I see this.

This time it is on the curb.  I stopped, knocked on the door and confirmed it was a "curb alert freebie". It think it is one of those  knock off's that were sold at Sears for a while. No grate straps.

It has a rocking K stamped on the lid vent.

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2017, 12:06:51 PM »
Happy Cooker!!!
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2017, 12:18:06 PM »

If it still there when it gets dark, I'm having Mrs. Cellar2ful put on the ghillie suit and recon for an rescue (assault).  Que the scene from Animal House when Belushi says"Who's with me"?

So..... it sounds like it's time to call in the big guns. Mrs. Cellar, suit up!! 🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2017, 12:37:54 PM »
Must be nice living in the kettle capitol of the world! Wont see that in my neighborhood.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2017, 12:43:37 PM »
Happy Cooker!!!

The handles on this look different than other Happy Cookers I've seen.  The wood handles on this are cut exactly like Weber's, without the logo.  It also has a formed ridge around the bowl that the cooking grate sits on instead of grate straps.  I remember seeing discussions about this type of kettle. 

@Travis- I'm letting that yellow go.  This morning when I slowed down to look at it, I saw a guy in the house stand up and kinda glare at me.  The "Don't Tread On Me" bumper sticker on the car in the driveway tells me he is a no nonsense type of person.  He has my number if he wants to get rid of it. The kettle was in such bad shape, it is not worth pressing the issue anyway.  Who knows, he might be a nice guy and maybe he is a lurker here on the Forum. 

I am not judging or criticizing anyone as I think we were all joking, but here in California, it would have actually been considered a theft had I taken the kettle last night.  No kettle is worth getting shot, bitten by a dog or arrested for.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 01:00:37 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2017, 01:07:08 PM »
@cellar2ful
Totally understand and I believe we all see it as joking.... I hope. No need to have to pull a firearm over a grill!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2017, 02:19:56 PM »

@56MPG- I belly laughed at that one. I would buy and proudly wear one of those shirts. 

I have driven by twice more checking and it is still there. I just can't bring myself to walk that far onto someone's property and take it.  Also, when I knocked I could here what sounded like a huge German Shepard barking inside the house.  I just picture someone inside waiting to release the dam dog if anyone attempts to take the kettle (bait).
That made me lol at the thought of someone using a kettle for bait