Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Sunday pizza but not on a Weber... oh well  (Read 2919 times)

Nate

• WKC Ranger
Sunday pizza but not on a Weber... oh well
« on: December 11, 2016, 01:20:51 PM »
Made my own experimental pizza dough to try out. The dough tasted great. Sorry, no use of a weber today other than to set my peel on.

mistrtj

• Smokey Joe
Re: Sunday pizza but not on a Weber... oh well
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 01:59:52 PM »
Killer!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 02:37:40 PM »
You could make a lot of $ selling those pies dude. Looks amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

stellato1976

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 03:06:31 PM »
nice looking pies
Stay grilling  my friends!!!!

JordanW

• WKC Brave
    • Instagram - @bigtroublebbq
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 10:15:56 AM »
@Nate would you mind divulging the dough recipe? They look fantastic.

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 10:53:03 AM »
@JordanW  This dough was 65% hydration. Used 630 grams of flour (appx. 75% OO and 25% KA bread flour). Then I added appx a tbs of kosher salt and mixed in to the flour by hand. Then I added appx a tbs of instant dry yeast then mixed in by hand. Then I added a little sugar and mixed my hand. Now I started to incorporate the water a little at a time and mixed by hand until all the flour and water was mixed together, this might have taken 3-4 minutes. Now I covered and let it autolypse for about 30 min. Then I started a stretch and fold of the dough (4 times) every 20-30 mins for total of 5 times.  After the last stretch and fold I let it rise for an hour then cut 4 pieces out of it and made dough balls. I put the dough balls on a floured sealable cake tray and put in my 50 degree garage for 4-5 hours then put it in the fridge before I went to bed.  The next day I took the dough balls out of the fridge and put the container of dough balls in the oven with the oven light on a couple hours before I wanted to make pizza.

Hope I didn't confuse you with this write up.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 01:35:39 PM »
Nice write up and awesome pies.  Intersting process you have there.  Always looking for good ideas.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2016, 05:42:21 PM »
@nate, how do you like the pizza party oven? I have been going back and forth with the pizza party oven and building my own oven. Pizza's look awesome by the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 06:14:13 PM by WEBERNV »

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 06:18:14 AM »
@WEBERNV  I really like the PP. I was lucky enough to find this one used. The one I have is the 70x70. If you look at the PP website, the one I have (literally) is shown in the pictures of the green 70x70s. It's the one sitting on the brick pedestal. I thought about building my own but Wanted something more portable. Plus, I've read that brick ovens need to preheat a long time. The PP heats up quickly if you have good wood. The mouth is small so you'll only be able to make 12"-13" pies or long 12" pies. If you need more space, get the pizzone. And now they have their gas version which would be nice. If you are into Neapolitans, I'd get it with the caputo stones. I have the stock ones since that's what the previous owner had which work well for the style of pies I make.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2016, 07:31:32 AM »
@JordanW  This dough was 65% hydration. Used 630 grams of flour (appx. 75% OO and 25% KA bread flour). Then I added appx a tbs of kosher salt and mixed in to the flour by hand. Then I added appx a tbs of instant dry yeast then mixed in by hand. Then I added a little sugar and mixed my hand. Now I started to incorporate the water a little at a time and mixed by hand until all the flour and water was mixed together, this might have taken 3-4 minutes. Now I covered and let it autolypse for about 30 min. Then I started a stretch and fold of the dough (4 times) every 20-30 mins for total of 5 times.  After the last stretch and fold I let it rise for an hour then cut 4 pieces out of it and made dough balls. I put the dough balls on a floured sealable cake tray and put in my 50 degree garage for 4-5 hours then put it in the fridge before I went to bed.  The next day I took the dough balls out of the fridge and put the container of dough balls in the oven with the oven light on a couple hours before I wanted to make pizza.

Hope I didn't confuse you with this write up.

Oh man you are getting fancy with your dough now!!!!  LOL.  My GF's brother in law gets into it like you have.  He does a 3 fridge rise pizza dough that is really good but has actually started using the bobby flay dough when he does pizzas last minute.  He has a custom made wood fired pizza oven on his patio that actually looks a lot like yours...but he won't ever be able to take his with him if he moves.  Great looking pizzas as usual!!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

blieb

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 05:30:23 AM »
Giggidy that looks fantastic!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokers:    WSM 22" | WSM 14.5"
Performers: Plum SS  | Red Fade SS