Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Genesis II now at Ace Hardware  (Read 2951 times)

SteveMBH

• WKC Brave
Genesis II now at Ace Hardware
« on: November 28, 2016, 03:29:17 PM »
Got the ad in the mail for Ace Hardware.  Haven't seen one in store in person but I will go check it out tomorrow out of curiosity.  "Exclusive at Ace for the holidays".  Item numbers don't show up online yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Genesis II now at Ace Hardware
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 11:26:20 AM »
I wonder if we will see older Genny's for 25% the price like we did last model change of the Q's and kettles?
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 05:22:16 PM »
Notice it says its compatible with igrill 3

Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 10:07:19 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. I'd really like to see one in person. I hope it's sturdier than it looks in the pics.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 04:58:34 AM »
This is the first I have seen the Genesis II.  Those wheels would look nice on a newer mastertouch/performer.
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 12:23:41 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. I'd really like to see one in person. I hope it's sturdier than it looks in the pics.

I certainly feels cheap, I say that without ever seeing it in person.  I don't like the open bottom.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 06:21:46 PM »
they're offering it in "Smoke"....maybe the kettles will be next here in the states
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 08:14:19 AM »
they're offering it in "Smoke"....maybe the kettles will be next here in the states

If they are coloring the Gassers with it, then certainly they can with the kettles.

Nows to hoping they revert the ash bucket back to the old style, I would hate to be an old man with arthritis trying to take those off.

SteveMBH

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 01:30:52 PM »
Found an Ace that had one on display.  I've had a Genesis 1000 (still have one), silver A, B, and a s-320 but I do like the way this one looks and feels.  Now to see how it cooks...  ok let's not get crazy I can't buy one.

Note the larger catch pan, rubber stoppers on the lid, new burner shape, ignitor, etc...

Starspike

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 05:03:59 PM »
Just wait until the Genesis II LX line is released! All stainless or black lid has enclosed cart. Lid height is equal to the old Genesis. Mid hinge also on the genesis II New ingitor system lights each burner like a stove push to light! Leds in the knobs. Its really BA! The Genesis II at ace now have the lid height of the spirit series.