Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Genesis question...  (Read 1516 times)

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
Genesis question...
« on: November 16, 2016, 12:52:45 PM »
My brother has a used Weber Genesis S-330. All the interior parts were replaced so he is starting off brand new there. However, the lid and lower cook box are the original. The previous owner cooked steak at high temperature on it almost every night for nearly 2 years. The inside of the lid and lower cook box were completely saturated in black soot and baked on grease from all the steak that had been cooked on it.

He scraped off the black soot pretty good on the interior of the lid and cook box, but he says every time he cooks on it, especially chicken, the food comes out with a grayish color and the flavor isn't quite right. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this or any ideas on how to correct the problem? Thanks.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
Re: Genesis question...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 08:05:00 PM »
My brother has a used Weber Genesis S-330. All the interior parts were replaced so he is starting off brand new there. However, the lid and lower cook box are the original. The previous owner cooked steak at high temperature on it almost every night for nearly 2 years. The inside of the lid and lower cook box were completely saturated in black soot and baked on grease from all the steak that had been cooked on it.

He scraped off the black soot pretty good on the interior of the lid and cook box, but he says every time he cooks on it, especially chicken, the food comes out with a grayish color and the flavor isn't quite right. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this or any ideas on how to correct the problem? Thanks.

Make sure that when he says "lower cook box", that includes cleaning the slide out drain pan.   Also, it's possible that his propane tubes aren't burning cleanly, i.e. bad oxygen mix.   Pull the guts out of it, fire all the burners up on high and take a look at the flames. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPC95OK57S0