Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Not a Weber cook, but still good.  (Read 935 times)

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
Not a Weber cook, but still good.
« on: October 07, 2016, 08:39:38 PM »
Just got back from a family vacation to the Oregon coast. We divided dinners up by night, I chose to grill everything  (of course). Rental house had a cheap gasser but it did okay. I did some New York strips and some cedar planked twice baked potatoes. Food was great and the scenery and company was even better.

And a couple seasonal beers to top it off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Not a Weber cook, but still good.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 01:13:31 AM »
Nice cook up, man. I'd like to try those planked taters. Nice choice in the scotch too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 05:30:23 AM »
Yep. First thing I looked at was the water, then the Scotch. Nice choice. Nice meal. I'd like to make it out west one of these days.

Crimson Performer Platinum "AH", Red MT "P", Red Mist SSP "EZ", Faded Black "A", Black OTG "DE".
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 08:06:40 AM »
Thanks guys, the planked potatoes were awesome, just basic twiced backed ingredients  (bacon, green onion, cheddar, cream) but the cedar plank added a little extra flavor. And its way eaiser than stuffing everything back in the skins anyways. The scotch is my go to, highly recommend it. Its a little young at only 10 years but i think the flavor is outstanding. The only thing that would make it better is if it was cheaper!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app