Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Just some chops  (Read 1150 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Just some chops
« on: October 05, 2016, 06:26:01 PM »
 Nothing too exciting but I must say, I'm getting really good at making some nice chops. Not dry, not under cooked. These were probably 2 inches thick, used Stubbs barbecue rub and they went on the grill with Stubbs indirect for about 30-35 min. I used a full chimney and the lid temp was just over 450. When the IT read 150 I put them over the coals 5 minutes per side until IT was 165. You guys are right. It would be easier with a Thermapen.

Crimson Performer Platinum "AH", Red MT "P", Red Mist SSP "EZ", Faded Black "A", Black OTG "DE".
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
Re: Just some chops
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 06:41:23 PM »
Nice looking chops. Never tried Stubbs rub, but next trip to the store I'm gonna grab some. Just bought a bottle of Stubbs BBQ sauce for the first time. Gonna try it on a rack of ribs this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it ain't smoked don't eat it!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 11:34:30 PM »
Man, you got a great char on them chops, kettlebb. Looks fantastic!
We call those porterhouse chops here.
Have you ever tried running them to about 145-150 IT? Little more pink especially next to the bone, but killer. I like them that way, my bride a little more done.
Great job [emoji106][emoji106]

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 01:48:44 AM »

Man, you got a great char on them chops, kettlebb. Looks fantastic!
We call those porterhouse chops here.
Have you ever tried running them to about 145-150 IT? Little more pink especially next to the bone, but killer. I like them that way, my bride a little more done.
Great job [emoji106][emoji106]

I like them a little "pink" also but we found out that we are expecting child number 2 in May! Didn't want to risk it with the wife. Thanks for the compliment. Love those porterhouse chops.

Crimson Performer Platinum "AH", Red MT "P", Red Mist SSP "EZ", Faded Black "A", Black OTG "DE".
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 01:50:05 AM »

Nice looking chops. Never tried Stubbs rub, but next trip to the store I'm gonna grab some. Just bought a bottle of Stubbs BBQ sauce for the first time. Gonna try it on a rack of ribs this weekend.

Thanks BB! I like the Stubbs rub but I will say the wife prefers the Weber sauces. The Stubbs sauce was too tangy for her. I didn't mind it but happy wife happy life.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 02:00:24 AM »
@kettlebb Hey congratulations!!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 02:40:40 AM »
Thanks Travis