Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Very simple spatchcocked chicken  (Read 1515 times)

austin87

• WKC Ranger
Very simple spatchcocked chicken
« on: October 02, 2016, 10:04:42 PM »
My girlfriend is a bit under the weather and wanted some vegetable soup. Not exactly my thing but I figure we can make it tasty. Got some veggies from the farmer's market to roast (in the oven)

Cippolini onions, shallots, zucchini, another similar squash, kale, cherry tomatoes, garlic, carrots, fennel.

Also did a very plain (salt and pepper only, no wood smoke - to make sure she could hold it down) chicken on the grill to add to the soup later.

Wood smoke does a TON for the color. It looks a little bland but had crispy skin and was really juicy.

Puréed the tomatoes, onion, roasted garlic, and shallots with an immersion blender, then added chicken broth, all the veggies, some Italian seasonings, and let it simmer for half an hour.

Turned out very much like a minestrone. The puréed stuff added a great texture to the liquid. Thing is, I forgot the fully assembled soup pic. I made enough for lunch tomorrow so I'll grab a pic of it before I chow down :)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Very simple spatchcocked chicken
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 03:38:45 AM »
Sounds like it turned out great. I was surprised at the finished chicken pic. I didn't realized a little chunk of wood would color the chicken that much. Without doing homework first, what's a minestrone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 09:21:05 AM »
Sounds like it turned out great. I was surprised at the finished chicken pic. I didn't realized a little chunk of wood would color the chicken that much. Without doing homework first, what's a minestrone?

Minestrone is basically an Italian vegetable soup

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 11:19:41 AM »

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 02:30:28 PM »
Flavor! Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 02:39:48 PM »
Yeah, I could get down with that!