Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Brisket happenig  (Read 4512 times)

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: Brisket happenig
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2016, 05:06:30 PM »
Oh normally I wouldn't but given the quick burn on the snake, I didn't want to have to babysit the coals.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2016, 05:10:14 PM »

Glad you got the save, Darko! Honestly I probably would have punted that fuckin thing over the hill and got drunk... Or maybe have already been. Good job man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think I've laughed this hard at a post yet Travis!

Nice save Darko!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2016, 05:24:03 PM »
As I said! I seriously thought about it. This was the brisket cook from hell. Between my stupidity and perhaps the meat not being accommodating, I thought about seeing it fly through the air.

msuiceman

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2016, 07:19:11 AM »
using a snake method, how long of a cook could you have at say 250 on a kettle? I know on the WSM you can (not quite set and forget) but adjust and check time to time 250 for quite a long time before needing to refuel.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2016, 08:24:54 AM »
Wow, that was an odessy! I'm glad the brisket turned out well in the end.

Where did you get the brisket?  I had a friend over and we were talking about briskets and we're trying to figure out where to get one for a semi-reasonable price.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2016, 11:59:55 AM »
I got this one at Lococo's. They or Highland usually have them in stock.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2016, 01:17:17 PM »
The friend who was visiting had seen a brisket at Lococo's (the one on Barton) and mentioned that he thought it was priced a bit too much and was having brisket withdrawal since it's been a long time since he's done one.  I've never done one; the pork shoulder I did a while ago was actually intended to be a brisket but what was the result of the sticker shock I had up at Highland when I went looking for one.  The friend mentioned that we should take a look at Farmer Al's.  Maybe once I recover from the financial beating I took over the summer. Anyways, I'm glad yours turned out well despite the adventure in between the beginning and the end.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2016, 05:22:22 PM »
Looks Good!!! I will have to try some Brisket soon.  That Blue looks amazing with those handles and that lid holder. Where did you order that holder. I might want to get one.  Thanks.

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2016, 06:09:04 PM »
@greenweb that's a slide-aside lid holder. Discontinued years ago. I found mine on a $30 black OTS on CL. Paid $30. Came out with that, a hinged grate and a tool holder. Gave the grill away, and still came out on top.
Still need a 22” yellow

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2016, 06:21:54 PM »
@greenweb that's a slide-aside lid holder. Discontinued years ago. I found mine on a $30 black OTS on CL. Paid $30. Came out with that, a hinged grate and a tool holder. Gave the grill away, and still came out on top.

Great deal!  How come I can not get a deal like that.  All I could do was to pick up a used Weber Fireplace for $15 today. I think I did ok.

I'll see if I can find a vendor selling new. Thanks!

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2016, 06:24:25 PM »
Looks Good!!! I will have to try some Brisket soon.  That Blue looks amazing with those handles and that lid holder. Where did you order that holder. I might want to get one.  Thanks.
You should be able to get the slide aside at any barbecue store.

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2016, 06:25:05 PM »
$15 for a fireplace? Hell yeah! I'd take that over my slide-aside score. Sorry @darko for hijacking the thread. Doing my first brisket not the 1st. Hope it turns out half as good, and goes half as smoothly.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Still need a 22” yellow

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2016, 06:26:50 PM »
Hey no worries! That's what threads are for sometimes LOL.

Good luck with your brisket.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2016, 06:34:35 PM »
You should be able to get the slide aside at any barbecue store.

Thank!  I'll check it out and see how much they want for it.  I could use one.

Edit: found it!  Weber part #8411   https://store.weber.com/items/detail/1399

« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 06:52:14 PM by greenweb »

Garvinque

• WKC Brave
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2016, 10:12:07 PM »
What flavor pellets did you use?
LET THE FIRE DO THE WORK! 22 OTG Frankenstein, Jumbo Joe, Weber 26.75 Kettle,Weber Char Q,Weber Baby Blue Q 100, Kamado Joe Jr, Cobb Grill-Both sizes, Southwest Disk Cowboy Wok!