Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I got an accessory - can you believe it?  (Read 2003 times)

DarrenC

• WKC Brave
I got an accessory - can you believe it?
« on: September 19, 2016, 07:11:15 AM »
Since I've become hooked on pizza making on the kettle and in particular trying to achieve the authentic Neopolitan Pizza Margherita (What the goddess affectionately calls the "Eat Pray Love" pizza), she came home from errands yesterday with a new toy she knew I would never buy for myself.

For whatever reason, the local Canadian Tire in my tiny hometown had a beautiful 14" Cordeirite Stone in the discount bin.  Incredibly cool in that it has a natural flat surface for baking on one side plus a glazed side with a lip and raised ridges like a grill pan on the other. 

Between this and my cast iron chapa, I'm fully equipped and can't wait to continue 'firing' out the pies!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 07:27:37 AM by DarrenC »
"There are a great many things one can learn to do without actually doing them - Grilling is not one of them" - Alton Brown

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: I got an accessory - can you believe it?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 07:25:00 AM »
Cool Darren. I don't really have any accessories yet because I'm too cheap to spend the money. I'd rather have more cool kettles. I tried to make pizza without any special kits. I used metal pizza pans elevated on my baskets. Can you post some pics of your methods so I can see how you're making them?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

DarrenC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 07:28:44 AM »
Yes, I've definitely got get better with the photos and documentation for sure...
"There are a great many things one can learn to do without actually doing them - Grilling is not one of them" - Alton Brown

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 07:48:28 AM »
I know you are a purist who isn't into accessories, but I am betting you have a Kettle Pizza or Pizza Que within the next 4 months.  Really cool that the stone you found has two different sides to it.  Looking forward to seeing how your pizzas come out.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

DarrenC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 07:53:46 AM »
I'm not sure about a KP or PQ for a while, but my next splurge will be a lipless sheet pan than can double as a peel.

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 03:22:04 PM »
Very cool find!  I have a cast iron model that's otherwise identical.  I find that I use it more than I expected. 

Have fun!