Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Red Hot.  (Read 8455 times)

Darko

• WKC Performer
Red Hot.
« on: August 28, 2016, 06:59:55 PM »
Has anyone ever had their weber glowing red hot?

I was at my cousin's last night and he had the 26'er glowing red it was that hot.  Has anyone else ever done or seen this?

This is something I had never seen before, I tried taking a pic, but it was to dark out.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
Re: Red Hot.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 07:01:59 PM »
DAAAAMN!!!  You canadians go all crazy shit with your sears huh?!...LOL
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Geezer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 01:24:00 AM »
I have one that is red right now!  LOL

I've never seen one that hot.  Or, maybe they get that hot and because it was dark it showed up?

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 09:07:40 AM »
Has anyone ever had their weber glowing red hot?

I was at my cousin's last night and he had the 26'er glowing red it was that hot.  Has anyone else ever done or seen this?

This is something I had never seen before, I tried taking a pic, but it was to dark out.
i don't think I have had my 26er glow but they will get fiercely hot like crazy hot especially with lump much hotter than I could ever get a 22
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 03:18:34 PM »
Damn brother, what the hell were ya'll cooking?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 03:48:30 PM »
I tried taking a pic, but it was to dark out.

That's why you saw the glow …. Because it was dark out.  Don't see the glow in daylight.
Next time try taking a selfie with the glowing kettle in the background …  :P :P
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 05:17:34 PM »
Hold on. "It was to dark out." You are seeing odd things. And you call yourself Darko. Do you own a kamado?
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 07:29:13 PM »
Well, I tried it tonight. Dumped a bunch of lump, enough that the whole thing was filled to almost the cooking grate level. I still couldn't get the kettle to glow red, although I could feel heat 5 feet away.  Damn this tasks me.!!!! I gotta make it glow red!

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 10:36:38 AM »
Keep trying!!!!!!! Fill it to past the cooking grate next time. Or maybe just paint it RED!
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2016, 02:50:17 PM »
Well, I tried it tonight. Dumped a bunch of lump, enough that the whole thing was filled to almost the cooking grate level. I still couldn't get the kettle to glow red, although I could feel heat 5 feet away.  Damn this tasks me.!!!! I gotta make it glow red!

Almost there! don't give up now.  Just imagine, you will be the first to do so.

I believe Mr. Darko is deliberately having fun doing this and to see what kind of reaction he gets.  It would be amazing to see a kettle glowing red hot thou. :o :o ;D :)

Most entertaining Topic ever.  :) :) :) ;)

Best comments by MrHoss, follow by MacEggs, and others. 

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 03:53:28 PM »
Well, 45 lbs of royal oak, I still can't get it to glow.

Sent from my HTC One using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 03:59:32 PM »
Are the lower vents on the 26 inch larger?  Being able to deliver more combustion air would make it run hotter for sure.

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2016, 04:02:02 PM »
More oxygen! Got a leaf blower?
Retired

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2016, 04:03:40 PM »
If the leaf blower doesn't do it how about a surplus Stelco blast furnace blower?

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 04:04:40 PM »
You should toss on 15 to 20 splits of hickory just before using the leaf blower. Some gasoline too. Yeah toss some gasoline on and see if it turns red for ya.