Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cedar plank salmon and the first cook on a 18" red.  (Read 1146 times)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Cedar plank salmon and the first cook on a 18" red.
« on: August 20, 2016, 06:32:12 PM »
It was a 3 kettle cook tonight, which I love! Did a cedar plank salmon on the black mbh, and long grain rice and some grilled peaches (first time trying) on the brownie. The peaches were halved, sprinkled a little brown sugar on top and drizzled a little honey also. Cooked indirect until soft.

I picked up an 18" red from our statesman, Jeff a couple weeks back and did the first cook on her tonight. Simple high heat burgers for the kiddo's. Thanks again Jeff and hope ya'll enjoy!

Lid cracked, heat and smoke rollin! Can't tell by the pics, but she had a beautiful fade to her. I'd never seen this before. Very cool.

Next to her sister

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 06:34:10 PM by Travis »

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
Re: Cedar plank salmon and the first cook on a 18" red.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 05:51:51 AM »
That salmon looks amazing! Wow!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If it ain't smoked don't eat it!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 08:47:53 AM »
Nice looking plate!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Garvinque

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 09:17:13 AM »
Everything looks great, I love the red kettles!
LET THE FIRE DO THE WORK! 22 OTG Frankenstein, Jumbo Joe, Weber 26.75 Kettle,Weber Char Q,Weber Baby Blue Q 100, Kamado Joe Jr, Cobb Grill-Both sizes, Southwest Disk Cowboy Wok!

Bross1987

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 07:01:14 PM »
Awesome cook. looks good. I haven't tried fish on the grill yet, I just may have to try it this weekend.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 07:50:50 PM »

Great looking spread Travis. What is the drizzle on the salmon?  Isn't the color change great on a red head when they get hot?
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 03:52:31 PM »

Great looking spread Travis. What is the drizzle on the salmon?  Isn't the color change great on a red head when they get hot?
Yes sir, the color change on these reds is very neat. The sauce on the salmon was a honey mustard. Goes hand in hand with salmon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk