Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The rest of the 2016 for the WKC  (Read 3567 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
The rest of the 2016 for the WKC
« on: August 09, 2016, 06:38:39 AM »
August - we are dedicating to the Ultimate of Pies, the Pizza, get involved show us your pies, and why yours are the best and why you need a Kettle Pizza.

September - We are moving Mod month up a month from previous years so get your entries ready we want pics, we want reason for the mod we want ideas for others to get inspired.

Oct/Nov - are still in the process of ideas, we will be signing up for Secret Santa.  Due to issues last year, we are going to require more detail from our members involved.  We had 2 members
@zorknards2  and @Mozfan00 screw a couple of members out of their gifts.  We will not have a repeat this year.  I have no issues calling these guys out as every effort (barring me driving to their house) has been made to contact these guys and no response has been given.

If you have ideas and thoughts about how we can do events to keep people engaged let me know, I may ask for your assistance in the effort so be prepared.

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 05:13:19 PM by LightningBoldtz »
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
Re: The rest of the 2016 for the WKC
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 03:09:40 PM »
I think for the secret Santa, you should require a minimum post count and time being a member, or references from a member in good standing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 04:35:03 PM »
or a $2-$3 buy in per person so if someone doesn't actually get their person something there is a backup fund to provide a gift from.  If everyone does everything right, either refund the buy in, send everyone who participated some WKC swag, or ask if they want to donate it to the cost of running this site.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

JDann24

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 02:36:30 PM »
or a $2-$3 buy in per person so if someone doesn't actually get their person something there is a backup fund to provide a gift from.  If everyone does everything right, either refund the buy in, send everyone who participated some WKC swag, or ask if they want to donate it to the cost of running this site.

We did a $3 buy in at work last year. It's a good idea, because it sucks getting screwed.
Looking for colored 18's and SJ's.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 01:18:21 PM »
I think for the secret Santa, you should require a minimum post count and time being a member, or references from a member in good standing.

+1
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 05:37:21 PM »

+1

I agree
Even though those things wouldn't have prevented last years unfortunate scroogings.

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 05:51:33 PM »
I just can't wait for it again this year.

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 07:03:29 AM »
The buy in sounds like a good idea. That way if someone gets screwed out of a gift, there's funds to buy them one. And if it all goes smooth, give the funds to support the club....just my opinion

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 06:15:33 PM »
If I did not meet active/posts criteria I would be MORE THAN HAPPY with a buy in fee in order to participate. and I would be completely fine with "leftover" funds going to the club.. just my 2 cents.
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Poorfolks

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 07:21:25 AM »
If I did not meet active/posts criteria I would be MORE THAN HAPPY with a buy in fee in order to participate. and I would be completely fine with "leftover" funds going to the club.. just my 2 cents.
X2