Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Shrimp Scampi Pizza 8/05  (Read 7595 times)

Jason

• WKC Ranger
Shrimp Scampi Pizza 8/05
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2016, 04:03:33 AM »
nice looking pie and thanks for the dough recipe. have you ever tried it using alfredo sauce for a base?

Thanks @mrbill !

Yes, I have used alfredo sauce on several occasions with this dough. Our favorite is to use alfredo sauce, fresh mozzarella, cook pizza and sprinkle with bacon bits and arugula after the pizza has completely cooked.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 07:06:11 AM by Jason »

Grizz

• WKC Brave
Re: Shrimp Scampi Pizza 8/05
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2016, 07:04:21 AM »
Fantastic looking pie!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2016, 03:01:04 PM »

How long are you letting it rise?  When it is done rising do you punch it down at all or just go straight to stretching it?

I let it rise until it at least doubles in size, which takes about 1 hour. No punching. I handle the dough as little as possible. I feel the less it gets worked over the better the texture and chew.

I have some people coming over for pizzas tonight and I am going to give your dough recipe a try.  I usually don't like to change things up when I am cooking for people, but I'm going for it.  I'll let you know how it turns out.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2016, 11:35:54 PM »
Damn, I keep coming back to this to admire it. And then I get super hungry. It's 12:30 dude, i can't be hungry this late. I'll spawn gremlins.

I can vouch for Jason's dough and his technique. Normally I constantly tinker with recipes and try to improve it... but with this dough i do everything to spec.

I've learned that if you want the outter crust to rise a bit, you need to stretch by hand so there's a little more dough on the outter ring.
If you want everything to rise evenly, roll it out with a pin.

For a thinner, more crackery crust without a lot of rising, give the dough a quick kneed after it's already risen, then roll it out.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2016, 10:15:56 AM »
I couldn't bring myself to do it.  I went with the good old Bobby Flay recipe.  I'll write up a post with a embarrassing lack of pictures a little later today.  I will definitely try your recipe soon though @Jason
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2016, 07:40:03 PM »
Amazing cook and writeup, @Jason !
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2016, 06:51:10 AM »
Great job Jason.  I'm going to try your dough recipe.  I like that you can use it the same day you make it. Thanks for sharing.
WTB, Westerner, glen blue,

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2016, 09:09:26 AM »

Thanks!

Great job Jason.  I'm going to try your dough recipe.  I like that you can use it the same day you make it. Thanks for sharing.

I hope it works well for you too! See if you can find the yeast packet made for pizza crust. Not all stores carry it. I have bought them at Walmart. It's in a green and yellow 3-pack.

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2016, 11:00:36 AM »

Thanks!

I hope it works well for you too! See if you can find the yeast packet made for pizza crust. Not all stores carry it. I have bought them at Walmart. It's in a green and yellow 3-pack.
Thanks Jason, I'll look for it.

WTB Original Wood Dale legs, triangle, wheels and legs.Blue SSP,  Blue mbh, Blue Mlh.

WTB, Westerner, glen blue,

EucTruck

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2016, 06:03:52 AM »
looks great. I've done shrimp with a local to cleveland bloody mary mix (Pope's) but this looks super tasty