Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Copper one touch  (Read 6866 times)

Mayhem

• Smokey Joe
Copper one touch
« on: March 24, 2013, 09:45:04 AM »
My local garden centre is selling this. They say its 'exclusive'. What do you guys think?

http://www.alton-gardencentre.co.uk/Weber-One-Touch-57cm-Premium-Charcoal-BBQ---Copper.php
Good food ain't cheap
Cheap food ain't good

HankB

• WKC Performer
Re: Copper one touch
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 10:33:27 AM »
Perhaps exclusive to UK. I think Target had that color in US (and I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will confirm or refute.) I think the Target version was a Silver (no ash bucket.)
kettles, smokers...

Jaronimo

• WKC Brave
    • Cooking in my Yard
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 10:34:32 AM »
Looks like an 18 incher?  I need one of those to keep my 22 incher company.  Copper is definitely the best color of all Webers.  They cook better.  look better.  And all copper Weber owners know that women are attracted to men with copper Webers.

Look how nice it looks heating up

Look how rugged it is working hard in the snow

And look, it never gets cold, even when covered in snow

Its the obvious choice...
Copper colored Weber OTG, Black Weber OTS, Copper colored Weber E310, UDS, and a wood burning pizza oven.

Cooking in my Yard

Jaronimo

• WKC Brave
    • Cooking in my Yard
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 10:35:30 AM »
Perhaps exclusive to UK. I think Target had that color in US (and I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will confirm or refute.) I think the Target version was a Silver (no ash bucket.)

target version was a Silver.  But a few minutes with a donor Gold and a Copper Gold is born...
Copper colored Weber OTG, Black Weber OTS, Copper colored Weber E310, UDS, and a wood burning pizza oven.

Cooking in my Yard

kaz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 02:02:33 PM »
You mean a copper silver gold! Greatness!
#grubdubs

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 05:51:30 AM »
The one from the UK ad has the longer front leg for a U.S. 26" and 8" wheels. If I ever do a euro legged kettle or buy a new 26", I'd have to go with the U.S. older style 8" whitewall black wheels. I'm not diggin' the modernized fancy ones yet.

Cookingmama

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 07:09:45 AM »
There is a copper that I pass all the time in town.   I feel they're just taunting me!
ribs pre-boiling & reaching for the lighter fluid!

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 08:32:11 AM »
Jaronimo, that is a gorgeous kettle.  Love that color. 

I expect those to be real collectibles one day.  I can just picture us trying to explain to our grandkids that there was a store called 'Target' where people actually went and bought all kinds of different stuff. 
One of the charcoal people.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 09:09:11 AM »
I kick myself every so often for not grabbing one 2 years ago when I had a chance. The Target by my house couldnt even give them away, even when they went clearance, the black ones were gone first. Oh well.

Jaronimo

• WKC Brave
    • Cooking in my Yard
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 10:45:20 AM »
I am looking for a copper 18 incher if anyone comes across one for a good price.  Trying to get my whole cooking arsenal to match.

I keep checking target, but they only have the black ones.

Cooking in my Yard

Jaronimo

• WKC Brave
    • Cooking in my Yard
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 10:46:53 AM »
I bought a new in box 18.5 inch OTG with new cover a while back.  Its black, so now its gotta go.  Meeting up with its new owner tomorrow.  he will be happy with it.

Cooking in my Yard

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 02:52:53 PM »
Dont think Ive ever seen a copper 18.....do they exist?  If so, I have to addit to the list.  Your 22 is pretty sharp.

Jaronimo

• WKC Brave
    • Cooking in my Yard
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 03:18:15 PM »
Dont think Ive ever seen a copper 18.....do they exist?  If so, I have to addit to the list.  Your 22 is pretty sharp.

I have to believe they exist.  Not sure I would want to live in a world without them...

Wow, that came out creepy.

Cooking in my Yard

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 04:21:39 PM »
Ive never seen a copper 18 ever, anywhere
Kettle collector AND cooker!

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 06:18:35 PM »
A gold silver copper (not much difference between copper and bronze) is a Weber trifecta. 

I don't see a 18.5 copper on the US price lists, so if there is one, it is not US or special market only (like a Williams Sonoma deal).