Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Tips on cleaning WSM that's been neglected  (Read 2359 times)

BariB523

• Smokey Joe
Tips on cleaning WSM that's been neglected
« on: July 04, 2016, 04:29:53 PM »
I stumbled upon a 18 WSM today but it looks like it hasn't been used in two years. Nothing a little TLC can't cure. My question is how should I go about cleaning it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
Re: Tips on cleaning WSM that's been neglected
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 05:21:42 PM »
First of all get rid of any loose debris on grates
And bottom of smoker.. You can use a single edge
Razor blade to scrape out old grease and gook
Then fill charcoal ring and water pan and crank it smoker to 300
And hold it there for a few hours.. The water will
Turn to water vapor and will loosen the remaining
Junk..
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 12:13:47 AM »
I stumbled upon a 18 WSM today but it looks like it hasn't been used in two years. Nothing a little TLC can't cure. My question is how should I go about cleaning it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

If you read this article that Matt (SixZeroFour) wrote up about cleaning and restoring kettles you will be more than happy
with the results.. Just take your time and you and the WSM will be shiny in no time at all..

http://weberkettleclub.com/weber-grill-restoration-interior-and-exterior-kettle-cleaning/

AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

BariB523

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 07:05:52 PM »
I'm going to get it done tomorrow and hopefully i'll be able to throw some chicken on it pretty swiftly lol. I'm anxious