Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Fancy hot dogs  (Read 2127 times)

irv39

• WKC Brave
Fancy hot dogs
« on: June 08, 2016, 01:23:31 PM »
Picked up this new toy called slot dog and tried out today, and i have to tell you this works great, used it today on some Nathan's  skinless beef hot dogs, because they said you should use skinless hot dogs and they should be cold right out of the frig. had chili dogs.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Fancy hot dogs
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 02:08:09 PM »
I bet my kids would just love somethin like that irv. Those ARE fancy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irv39

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 03:06:41 AM »

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 06:40:21 PM »
Have you tried cooking them on the grill?
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Geezer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 01:51:48 AM »
Those look cool.

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 04:09:55 AM »
I picked up a slot dog maker a few weeks ago, it's pretty cool and allows for more surface area to get direct fire application or blossom on a griddle.  My "kids"(25 & 30) often ask why  I didn't have cool stuff like that when they were growing up.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 09:29:54 AM »
I've seen this gadget a few times and thought it was pretty cool.  Now that I am looking at your dogs I am going to pull the trigger!  Hot dogs are one of the most under rated cookout foods!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 06:29:46 PM »
I picked up a slot dog maker a few weeks ago, it's pretty cool and allows for more surface area to get direct fire application or blossom on a griddle.  My "kids"(25 & 30) often ask why  I didn't have cool stuff like that when they were growing up.
I told my kids something like...  Oh sure... we get the cool cooking stuff..  spend our money on cool stuff and not have any money left for meat to cook on the cool stuff.  They have all grown up, moved out  and freed up my resources for the cool stuff....  :D

Nowadays is like...  Kid to dad, "are you cooking beef or pork this slSunday?"   Dad to kid "yes"... 

I do love my gadgets.  Best things yet... Maverick 733 and thermapen.  Oh... and the 6 kettles... yeah... that about sums it up...

Smoke on McDuff...  smoke on.....
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

G19

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 04:26:17 AM »
Pricy little gadget but results look cool.   

effinUker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 05:09:22 AM »
I do the same thing with a knife. Spirals too. Carving the dogs like that totally changes the flavor. I like 'em like yours above, and my wife & grand daughter like the spirals.