Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Need help! Gasser question  (Read 1416 times)

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
Need help! Gasser question
« on: June 08, 2016, 10:14:12 AM »
I am a kettle guy I know very little about gas grills. I was at a deli delivering today when I saw the owner standing next to a Weber gas grill so I complimented him on it. To my surprise he said take it, just take it. He was tired of looking at it. So I loaded it up in my trailer and brought it back to our warehouse. So what is this thing? Is it worth anything? Is it worth fixing. It's literally right next to a dumpster so there's always the ability to just chunk it. Or I could turn it into a cart for my UDS. Thanks for the help guys

He did say that it still works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricD

• WKC Brave
Re: Need help! Gasser question
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 10:27:22 AM »
Looks like an old Spirit, maybe.(Judging just by size, I'm no expert)  Clean it up and cook on it a few times, if you don't like it Craigslist it.   Worst case scenario, you make a couple bucks out of it!
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 12:42:10 PM »
That's a Weber Genesis, 3 burner, probably mid-late nineties.  Stainless steel grates, looks like durawood slats and handle.  Looks nice.  Easy to fix up.  Can't see if you have the regulator connection, and the fact that the drip tray is in the cookbox might mean that you need to replace the rails it slides into underneath.  It also looks like you're missing the lower drip tray that connects to the circle of that big one.  The ignitor isn't hooked up, and I'm not sure why there's an extra table tucked in there.  They're beasts that will last forever.  Take more pictures and see how the flavorizers and burners are, but I'd be amazed if you couldn't get it tip top condition for under $100, easy.  Probably less.  Maybe you'll have lucked out and the SS grates mean there's SS flavor bars too.  Post any questions you might have.  I've rebuilt dozens of those things.  Other than grates, burners, flavorizors, you also want to see if the frame has rot (the bar running alongside the firebox on the left side tends to go, but for some reason, usually in the next generation after that one-those do pretty well.

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 01:05:07 PM »
That's a Weber Genesis, 3 burner, probably mid-late nineties.  Stainless steel grates, looks like durawood slats and handle.  Looks nice.  Easy to fix up.  Can't see if you have the regulator connection, and the fact that the drip tray is in the cookbox might mean that you need to replace the rails it slides into underneath.  It also looks like you're missing the lower drip tray that connects to the circle of that big one.  The ignitor isn't hooked up, and I'm not sure why there's an extra table tucked in there.  They're beasts that will last forever.  Take more pictures and see how the flavorizers and burners are, but I'd be amazed if you couldn't get it tip top condition for under $100, easy.  Probably less.  Maybe you'll have lucked out and the SS grates mean there's SS flavor bars too.  Post any questions you might have.  I've rebuilt dozens of those things.  Other than grates, burners, flavorizors, you also want to see if the frame has rot (the bar running alongside the firebox on the left side tends to go, but for some reason, usually in the next generation after that one-those do pretty well.

Thank you great to know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk