Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Love it when a plan comes together!  (Read 2441 times)

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
Love it when a plan comes together!
« on: May 27, 2016, 06:23:11 PM »
So, I managed to have some issues in my first couple go rounds with the pizza kettle. See
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/pizza-forum/pizza-kettle-fail-(long-post-looking-for-advicefixes)/
for more details.

Tonight, with perfect weather and time, I gave it another go.

BOOM!

Three hunks of oak and an over flowing chimney of KBB.  Made I think 6 pizzas, taking between 3 and 5 minutes each.

Used ALL my toys. Wood pizza peels, kettle pizza pan, kettle pizza aluminum peel, a super long grill spatula, cast iron griddle, Weber hot gloves, pizza blade cutter and an infrared thermometer.

Best I've made yet I think. Need my pizza chef girlfriend to roll a little bigger crust next time though.

Thanks to everybody, especially @MikeRocksTheRed  and @kettlecook @MacEggs  @Nate for their advice and inspiration.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Love it when a plan comes together!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 03:44:17 AM »
I'll take two slices please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G19

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 04:25:05 AM »
Yes looks great and only going to get better I am sure.  I have a question though, why is your bottom vent closed during the cook?

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 04:52:10 AM »
Nice to see everything working out for you.  :D

I have a question though, why is your bottom vent closed during the cook?

When I use lump in the KP, I rarely need to open the intakes.  Maybe just a hair sometimes.
Once I start to see the temperature drop below my comfort level, i.e. about 550° or so, then I open them up.

Plenty of air feeds the fire from around the edge where the KP rests on the bowl, as well as the opening.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 08:03:21 AM »
@G19 mostly what maceggs said. My fire was screaming hot and pizza was cooking in just a few minutes so I just wanted to maintain.  @Travis sure thing! 6 pizzas for 2 people (we forgot how big the dough yield was) means we got extra!

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 08:30:39 AM »
Very nice! I like that pizza cutter 😎