Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Is your significant other hooked too?  (Read 7086 times)

order66

• WKC Brave
Re: Is your significant other hooked too?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 04:13:31 PM »
Mine doesn't understand that why there are websites dedicated to such a hobby, and that there are others like me out there...
-JDP
| 22.5 Master Touch |22.5 OTG |Pit Barrel Cooker| U-Lime SJS | Kettle Pizza| Akorn Jr. | Big Green Egg | Jumbo Joe | Blackstone Griddle | Pit Boss Classic |

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2016, 04:27:47 PM »
I wouldn't say hooked, but she doesn't think I'm crazy (anymore). Once the hunt begins, I can tell she enjoys it. She certainly doesn't complain about the food.

Friends and family on the other hand... Think I'm off my rocker. Still no complaints about the food though.
Still need a 22” yellow

Cellar2ful

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2016, 05:29:13 PM »
Nice score! I'm talking about your wife.

Best comment of the day ;).  Yes, you are a lucky fellow @Yendor.  I am blessed to have a wife that has become obsessed as I with the hunt for kettles.  Now she wants a Weber Kettle garden with planters made form kettles that are to far gone for restoration. 
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Hofy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2016, 05:30:14 PM »
My wife is very hooked.  Only because she loves what comes off the grills.
EE Kettle, 1974 JBK-360 Key Lime "The Fairway" , DR Genesis Gold

Yendor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2016, 06:24:05 AM »
I am very fortunate to have the wife I have, she puts up with a lot. The problem I have now is that this kettle she picked up, she has claimed as her own. Since it is from '79 as is my wife she said that it should be hers. Now we need a set of new grates and to cook on it.

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2016, 06:29:43 AM »
My wife is good with the hobby and fully embraces it. As long as the new grill is a different color. She doesn't understand multiple reds across decades. Red is red to her.

huntergreen

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2016, 04:54:46 AM »
my wife is hooked on not cooking and enjoying the meals i make.

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2016, 06:01:36 PM »
The SoDT is not hooked by any means, and doesn't understand the lure of the Weber.

She is an enabler, however, having had a hand in the acquisition of no less than 3 vintage kettles.
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"

mx.kessler

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2016, 12:10:49 AM »
First I thought my girlfriend can´t understand why collecting Webers is one of my hobbys, she never really said anything when I brought home another one but I noticed she was not too impressed. When I told her the other day that I put my 22" red OTO for sale (not worth keeping, to much chips and rim rash) she was kind of upset because I´m selling the big brother of my 1991 red 18" which is sitting in our living room. So she must be kind of hooked!!

Here is a pic of the little one, serving as a bar:

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2016, 04:02:44 AM »
Interestingly enough, she is the one that got me started on these grills! So yes, she is an enabler and is just as ready as me for the next "road trip"
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Yendor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2016, 12:45:26 PM »
Well the wife kicked in a little elbow grease this weekend. We got our  scrap heap find out and installed the wheels and a new handle from Brian. I can't believe this was in the scrap ready to thrown away! So glad that we can get her cleaned up and ready to cook again. I may have to do a little caressing of the inner bowl due to it being dropped by someone causing the leg to punch a dent in and now it has a lean to it. Anyone else ever take a ball peen hammed to straighten that out? I didn't go too far with the clean up, its going to be cooked with, so I don't need a beauty queen. Had about 40 years of muck in it too.

70monte

• WKC Brave
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2016, 07:40:09 AM »
My fiancee is not hooked and cannot understand why I need all of the grills I have(about 15).  She tolerates it since I live with her and they are all at her house but one day she is probably going to put her foot down and make me whittle them down some.

To be honest, I don't use the majority of the ones I have and need to get rid of most of them but it's hard for me to do.  Maybe one day.

Wayne

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2016, 03:37:25 PM »
I don't understand why they need so many pairs of shoes or always shopping for accessories to match??
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Yendor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2016, 07:09:14 AM »
I had to dig this up again. My wife is a trooper! She has known for a while that I wanted a Performer for a while and never found the right one. I have a friend that posted that he was selling his (I have no idea what is happening, he needs to seek counseling) and he had posted to his friend list that he would give a friend a decent deal. I had seen the call out but basically ignored it because, well, I'm at capacity right now and not really ready to give up any of the grills I have. My wife then sees the call out and says, you need to talk to him and see what the price is. She said, that's the one you wanted right?

I was dumbfounded, I passed on it (I may need to seek counseling) but now I know for sure she is just as hooked as I am. Maybe that's why she picked up 12 bags of lump charcoal for me.

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2016, 01:31:59 PM »
Well the wife kicked in a little elbow grease this weekend. We got our  scrap heap find out and installed the wheels and a new handle from Brian. I can't believe this was in the scrap ready to thrown away! So glad that we can get her cleaned up and ready to cook again. I may have to do a little caressing of the inner bowl due to it being dropped by someone causing the leg to punch a dent in and now it has a lean to it. Anyone else ever take a ball peen hammed to straighten that out? I didn't go too far with the clean up, its going to be cooked with, so I don't need a beauty queen. Had about 40 years of muck in it too.

I would kill to find an old red that nice!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Too many grills and too little time! Looking for a  BLUE GENESIS GASSER! Will pay a bounty!