Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Looking for outdoor kitchen ideas for kettles  (Read 5309 times)

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
Re: Looking for outdoor kitchen ideas for kettles
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2016, 05:25:38 PM »
I think a pass-through window is key. 

For years I've dreamed of a patio just outside the kitchen door, to shorten the movement from the inside to the outside.  But as I've moved my grills around for various reasons, I've found that it works *much* better to have the grills near a window instead of a door.  I have some kind of table immediately outside the window, and this is a perfect place to stage food to go onto the grill(s) and then back into the house when it's finished.  There's much less transfer of air (summer or winter), and I don't need to walk the food to a table-- the table is just a lift of the window away. 

And I second the skepticism about having a sink or counter on the inside of the window.  In my experience, that would be pointless because there's no need to put food *inside* the kitchen-- I just set it directly outside. 

Another thing I've appreciated about this setup is that when I'm cooking overnight, I just stage the smoker right next to the table.  Then I can *see* how my smoke is working, and just generally enjoy the ambiance.  And even during the day, there's nothing better than glancing outside to see the beauty of a smoking session in progress. 
One of the charcoal people.

bear

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2016, 05:39:26 PM »
Found this picture on the net, imagine a whole row of these

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2016, 10:11:04 PM »
anyone got a pic of Meza Azul
@zavod44
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2016, 11:00:48 AM »

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2016, 05:08:48 PM »
@Uncle JJ   I like it too - no sink in the way.  I can go for the surfboard too!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2016, 02:08:45 AM »
Here is something that caught my eye while cruising the Naked Whiz Table Gallery. Big Green Eggs all the way, but some Weber colors would look just as nice.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/TableGallery/tables.htm?P211

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2016, 05:37:55 PM »
Yeah, if this is a new addition or a new house, just cut a hole in the wall. A window would be simple enough of course, or that bar + garage door wouldn't take much effort, either.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch