Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Memphis in May  (Read 2512 times)

Big Dave

• Smokey Joe
Memphis in May
« on: May 16, 2016, 07:39:28 AM »
I was able to attend Memphis in May for the first time.  My wife was working in Memphis last week and I was able to go meet
up with her.  Had a blast.  A group she works with had a team entered.  I was just a spectator. 

The Weber display was impressive.  I am biased, but as far as vendors go, Weber display was head and solders above.  Weber had a very nice portable show room that was like being inside a store and had the cooking school set up with classes throughout the event.

I wore a WKC shirt.  Which brought many questions and interest.  Tuffy Stone even found a picture on his phone of his Kettle Collection.

I was happy to meet some of the celebrities at the event.

With my lovely wife and Big Moe

With the 2016 Memphis in May Grand Champion Myron Mixon, his 4th time as champion.

With Tuffy Stone

'14 Genesis 330, '09 Performer Deluxe, 22" Kettle, 22" WSM, '97 900, '97 Genesis 3000

JDD

• WKC Ranger
Re: Memphis in May
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 08:06:43 AM »
Sounds like a good time, I would love to check that out.
May The Smoke Be With You!

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 08:16:48 AM »
Awesome ! Way to represent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 01:26:23 PM »
Great pics Dave! I know you were so excited!

Man my sister lives in Memphis and called me Saturday night from the riverfront wanting me to pack up the kids and drive down. I so wanted to.

Here's a thought for everyone. What about a meetup, next year, for Memphis in May? What would everyone think of that?

It's actually a small city, but there is a lot to see, places to eat and a places to stay.

wyd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 09:51:11 AM »
Wow looks like a great time.  Always wanted to go to a big time BBQ Comp with the big guns.
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 03:57:58 PM »
Looks like a lot of fun.  I met Myron back in '02.  We were almost competing against each other.  He was doing MBN and I was in their Backyard Grillers division.  (Hub was there, we were on the same team then.)  He was a nice guy back then.  He was the CG and gave his ticket to Memphis to a team from Salisbury, NC.  'Course, he already had a ticket from a previous win ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 09:12:33 AM »
looks like fun.  I'm envious of the people you got to meet.
Kettle collector AND cooker!