Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Glen Blue Wood Dale  (Read 8140 times)

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
Re: Glen Blue Wood Dale
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2016, 08:44:29 AM »
Happy Birthday!  Man, I dream of finding a Glen Blue some day - congrats.  What a beauty!

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2016, 01:18:18 PM »
Holy $&"@

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2016, 04:17:38 PM »
I guess if I offered you 50 bucks, you ain't gonna accept!!!

All joking aside; great score. It's a beautiful looking grill.

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2017, 10:58:43 AM »

On April 27 at 10:20 in the morning I was grading US History essays in the teacher's workroom in our school library.  To take a break, I decided to look at WKC.  I noticed I had a message from TexasOnion.  His message informed me of a Glen Blue at an estate sale in my area.  I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

A MLH Glen Blue Imperial listed as "Charcoal BBQ...with supplies."

First off, the estate sale went from 10-2 that day.  My school gets out each day at 2:40.  My next class started at 11:15.  I quickly checked the address on Google Maps and it said I was 23 minutes away.  Thankfully, the estate sale was on my side of town, though on the very southern edge of Vegas.  I had 55 minutes to get there, hope the grill was still available, and get back in time for my next class.

Like a crazy person I left the library, papers in one hand, stuffing my computer and charger in my bag, while still hanging on to my coffee.  Quickly made my way to the parking lot, and high tailed it out of there.  I drove quickly, trying to shave off a couple of minutes (which I did).  I arrived at 10:45, parked, entered the house and made a beeline for the backyard.  And there it was.  I kept a grip on it, bought it, and CAREFULLY took it back to my Tucson with the help of one of the estate sale employees.  Unfortunately, I was almost out of gas, had to stop, put in $5 to make it back to school, and arrived with LITERALLY 15 seconds before the bell rang for my 3rd block freshman World History class.  I was stoked. 

Rescue, Restore, Respect.

I know this post is a year old but man it made me laugh. What a great story. I'm also a history teacher and could totally get it. I could see me doing this. Beautiful grill, it's on my very short list. Congrats!
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2017, 11:01:22 AM »
Great story!
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

JayCee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2017, 05:20:15 AM »
Amazing score. Well done.

ryno5000

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2017, 05:32:02 AM »
Beautiful grill and great score! My wife would love this because it the same color as a Tiffany's box..lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Madpap

• WKC Brave
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2017, 06:10:04 AM »
That's an awesome find. Happy Birthday.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2017, 07:19:02 AM »
Hey all, thanks again for the nice comments...but this thread is from last year!  @Rub what classes do you teach, besides BBQ on the side?  Finally, just an update, I'll be cooking on Tiffany this afternoon, for a farewell party for a couple of very good friends who are moving from Vegas back to Lincoln, NE.  I might post some pics if I get a chance...and haven't had too many Dark and Stormys.
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2017, 07:40:51 AM »
@crowderjd I alternate each year between US History and World History, high school special ed kids. Your story cracked me up b/c it looked like something I would do to try to make a score between classes. Great story and ending. She is a beauty, and that's cool you're cooking on it today.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

Bertl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2017, 08:37:12 AM »
OMG!!!!!!!

Bertl

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2017, 03:14:42 PM »
@Rub I teach freshman World History and AP US History to juniors.  I love both and can't imagine doing one without the other!  Keeps me fresh each day.
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
Glen Blue Wood Dale
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2017, 09:15:10 PM »
Sounds perfect @crowderjd. It makes for a great life when you love your job.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 06:24:16 PM by Rub »

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2017, 04:18:43 PM »
That glen Blue is awesome!!!
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!