Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Website Recommendation and Brief Book Review  (Read 1288 times)

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
Website Recommendation and Brief Book Review
« on: March 05, 2013, 09:39:42 AM »
Hey guys, some of you saw my post about my Cajun Bandit rotisserie and my first cook on it. I was looking online for a rotisserie recipes and I came across a website that I wanted to recommend.

http://www.dadcooksdinner.com

This is a pretty good site and as you'll see, he has a whole section on roti recipes but it includes a lot of stuff  too. I am recommending it here, and in this specific forum, because he does much of his grilling on a Weber kettle and uses a Weber gasser too.

Now, he not only has a whole section about rotisserie grilling but he wrote a book on the subject too. I bought the book for my iPad and it cost me $4.99. So what follows is my book review.

Book Review: Don't buy it. End of book review.

Seriously though, it is a good book and has a lot of good information, but so does the website. If you've seen the website you've seen the book. Yes, there are lots of other recipes but they are mostly variations on the same theme. So there might be a whole load of rotisserie turkey recipes but one is how to do a cajun one, and another might be how to do it with a few different spices, with the exact same setup material listed in each recipe. You get the idea. I don't feel bad panning the book because he's got advertising on the website and I'm sure he makes money that way.

Great information, just get it from the website, that's where I got the idea to do a pineapple at the same time with two chickens with sweet potatoes in the drip pan.

HankB

• WKC Performer
Re: Website Recommendation and Brief Book Review
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 10:02:23 AM »
I think his grill is a Weber Summit (unless lesser models have the IR burner as well.)
kettles, smokers...

Kilted_Griller

• WKC Ranger
Re: Website Recommendation and Brief Book Review
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 06:08:36 PM »
Great site, Mr. Schnell. Thanks for the link!  :D
"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook"
   ~Julia Child