Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Help Identify This Grill Model  (Read 3980 times)

Big Dave

• Smokey Joe
Help Identify This Grill Model
« on: April 20, 2016, 06:47:46 AM »

Just made offer to purchase this.  I've wanted to get an older gasser to restore. 

Hope the photo comes through.

'14 Genesis 330, '09 Performer Deluxe, 22" Kettle, 22" WSM, '97 900, '97 Genesis 3000

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: Help Identify This Grill Model
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 06:56:54 AM »
I believe that is a Genesis 2,  based on the side table on the right side. The serial number tag is probably inside the frame on the right side, inboard from the fuel tank location. If it isn't there it will be on the frame behind the control panel. Call Weber CS with your serial number and they can fill you in better than I can! 😊
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 07:06:33 AM »
Oh man, thats going to make a nice restoration project and a solid cooker once its done.
-Keith

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 07:11:39 AM »

Yeah, that's a 2000 series, and yes, that would be a nice one to restore.

Good luck!

Dude, relax your chicken.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 08:00:14 AM »
Those are super classy. Jusy like a stretch limo!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

mbushor

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 09:28:16 AM »
I would like to have my grill identified. I can't seem to find how to attach a photo. Any help, would be greatly appreciated. thanks M

Big Dave

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 09:55:09 AM »
Thanks for the responses!  I'm really excited about this project.  My wife not so much.  I believe she said, "Not another grill, sigh".  Up until now I've been able to convince her they all did something different.  I said, "we've got a big deck and it just doesn't look right empty".  Haha

'14 Genesis 330, '09 Performer Deluxe, 22" Kettle, 22" WSM, '97 900, '97 Genesis 3000

Big Dave

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 10:02:08 AM »
I would like to have my grill identified. I can't seem to find how to attach a photo. Any help, would be greatly appreciated. thanks M

There is a sticky on how to post a picture.  Its under the heading: Website Issues & Suggestions

mbushor

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 10:48:21 AM »
Thanks....where might I find that heading

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Gpinch1

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 01:27:05 PM »
That's a 2000 series for sure. It's what I am currently restoring up here in Canada. They identify mine as a 2200.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 01:50:39 PM »
@Big Dave hope you get it, or got it.

I've wanted one of those for quite a while due to the long frame and ability to swap that right-side table for a burner. But tell me, where'd you see it listed? I've been checking nwga craigslist but didn't see it there.

My recent 900 was kinda fun but the wood slats are by far the most labor and time intensive aspect. Then again, restoring that stuff was cheap compared to replacing hardware. Let us know how it goes!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 04:45:14 PM »

Weber schematics. You can get an idea here:

http://help.weber.com/schematics/default.aspx#description
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Big Dave

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2016, 06:33:12 AM »
@addicted-to-smoke   

At this time it appears I did not get this one.  I sent the listor an offer of his asking price, but have not gotten a response.  It has been two days and I haven't gotten a response, so at this time I have to assume it is already sold.  However, I still have hope. 

Like you I've scoured craigslist for nwga, Atlanta, Chattanooga, Knoxville, and Nashville.  Good finds are hard to come by.  I will tell you my little know place to look where I found this grill in Marietta.  A neighbor of mine approached me a few weeks ago he was selling an old Weber and knew I had a few.  His was newer than what I really wanted to rescue, so I passed.  Then this week I thought I could restore his and flip while looking for another.  I contacted him and he told me he sold it through an app called letgo.  Id never heard of it and it has a good many listings. 

Good luck and don't go steal my grill. 

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2016, 07:10:46 AM »
re: letgo Interesting!

What I appreciate about craigslist is that it's already popular, and I really shouldn't even be spending as much time there as I already am ... :) There's another service, some of the grillfellas out West have been using it and I've already forgotten what it's called. Sounds similar though. And then there are always local Facebook groups, estate sales and so on.

I suppose it comes down to how inviting a platform appears to be to the seller, and we all know craigslist can be a rat's nest of weirdos on both sides. The appeal of these services seems to be that they are just for "products" but part of it might be other aspects I suppose, too. But if someone else got your grill it would also seem to be the case that letgo suffers from the same problem CL has, of not getting rid of postings once the item is gone.

'Twas not I however!

If within the next few months you see someone down my way and need an Agent let me know if I can help out. I'm in Woodstock.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch