Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Show your most prized grill  (Read 13584 times)

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
Re: Show your most prized grill
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 08:26:06 PM »
I'm very suspicious about that.  I would hate to say I had something and it turns out I don't get it.  I have been disappointed before.  Plus I always like the next grill the best anyway. 

An incurable case of Weberitis.   

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 08:32:16 PM »
I'll have to get back to you next week.  I have a trip planned and I might pick up a new favorite on the way.
Oooooooooh! Can't wait!  :o

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2013, 03:11:03 AM »
I'm very suspicious about that.  I would hate to say I had something and it turns out I don't get it.  I have been disappointed before.  Plus I always like the next grill the best anyway. 

An incurable case of Weberitis.

Here's the other one !!

There's a couple of posts floating around like this, currently.......

There's only a very few people on the planet that would even say that, or understand it, or take
it seriously, or have the correct appreciation for what it meant !!!!!

Sent from my side yard using my left pointer finger

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Bluesman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2013, 09:39:15 AM »
Here's my, for now, most prized Weber. A 2000 OTG Homer Simpson. I got off of CL last year and it was in excellent shape, with the exception of a dime sized chip on the lid. After a thorough cleaning it is immaculate. Homer cooks up some really good food and always starts a conversation.

2000 Simpson OTG, 2010 22.5 WSM, 98 SS Perfomer, Q100, Q200, Smoken Bucky UDS, 1983 WGA, 1995 Red Master Touch, Early 70's Red Statesman
2010 Brick Red Touch n' Go Performer
Snap-On Wrench Smokey Joe

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2013, 12:35:57 PM »
I know, it's not a grill, but it is my favorite cooker.

It got cooked on for a long time after I got it, but the porcelain started to bubble in the charcoal bowl so it is now retired.

It's the one on the left with the black door, the only documented "B" WSM in the world.

I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2013, 12:45:12 PM »
What's the story with the lid holder over WSM?
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2013, 12:56:36 PM »
What's the story with the lid holder over WSM?
That's my little invention. With the two WSMs side-by-side like that, I can hang a lid and the hook swivels so the hanging lid is over the other pit giving me room to work on the open pit. I used an old garage door opener track, a piece of gas pipe and an electric fence post to make it.
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"

SmoothSmoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2013, 01:37:34 PM »
Dang Harbormaster, you must be close to 7' tall?? 

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2013, 03:04:18 PM »
Dang Harbormaster, you must be close to 7' tall??
HA!
Nah, that table is a little over a foot tall. I can reach the hook pretty easily.

And I'm only 5'8".

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2013, 05:57:41 PM »
I know, it's not a grill, but it is my favorite cooker.

It got cooked on for a long time after I got it, but the porcelain started to bubble in the charcoal bowl so it is now retired.

It's the one on the left with the black door, the only documented "B" WSM in the world.

That's pretty neat! I know lots of guys say "grill" but I think they really mean "Weber." I split my favorite between a kettle and my smokers.

Having the oldest known WSM is also something worthy of note as well!
kettles, smokers...

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
Show your most prized grill
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2013, 06:32:52 PM »
Prized doesn't necessarily mean best cooker does it? It's not my best cooker or even the prettiest grill I have ( that'd be my Red headed fireball) but it is my oldest I believe. The folks running Portable Kitchen now told me they had never seen another with a logo like mine. It doesn't show up in the picture but it has Hilton Meigs , the founder of the company, name and Tyler Texas cast above the logo. They moved from Tyler in 1958 and I've seen another Tyler made grill that has the modern logo on it. Best guess on it is 1952-1953 which is what makes it my most prized grill

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 06:34:27 PM by Eastex »

Michael Berry

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2013, 07:49:17 AM »
I have to go with my old 26 that I paid $35 for......love it!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2013, 07:58:21 AM »

That's Sharp.....!!!!!!

& I like the P. Kitchen up above also, just for the "different" factor !!!

& Harbor Master's got the WSM thing all sewed up with a one-of-a-kind & a bunch more  !!!!

& we got the Bluesman  to show us his BIG Homer !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2013, 11:24:42 AM »
I really need one of these. Hell, I'd pay 40 bucks!  ;D

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2013, 11:50:28 AM »
Nice grills! I definitly don't want to see the best conditioned ones rather the most prized. It might be your rarest or most unusual. It might be one that you would never find in your area because they weren't popular there. It might be one you moved heaven and earth for because you had to have it. Maybe price was no object for it. It may be beat up, but it was grandpas battle scarred weber and it was passed down to you. Maybe you even risked jail to save it. ;)