Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Poll

Which Summit Charcoal grill do you prefer?

Summit Charcoal Grill without table
12 (34.3%)
Summit Charcoal Grilling Center with table.
23 (65.7%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: May 21, 2016, 05:43:26 PM

Author Topic: Weber summit charcoal poll will you buy at msrp?  (Read 8353 times)

GregCox

• Happy Cooker
Re: Weber summit charcoal poll will you buy at msrp?
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2016, 03:27:04 AM »
Not at that price. I have an 18" Gold a 22" Stainless Steel Performer a 26.75" Gold a 22" WSM a Smokey Joe and a ES-330 Genesis. In the winter I use a little more charcoal when its 45 outside than in the summer when its 95. As it is right now I don't even use the Performer that much anymore. If I am cooking 1 or 2 steaks I use the 18" if I am cooking for the whole family I use the 26" and if I am smoking a brisket its the WSM. I just can't see $2300 for it. I guess I am holding out for a wood fired pizza oven.

aj

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2016, 04:18:51 AM »
No way for that price.  I can get a much better cooker for $2k that will do more.  I will just build a 26" Performer and be done with it.

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2016, 04:25:19 AM »
why are the poll question and the thread title question different? 

I only use kettles with lid bales.

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2016, 04:42:53 AM »
No, but I would buy the rapid fire lid damper and put it on my regular kettle. But I know they won't sell.

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2016, 07:54:47 AM »

Ditto!

No, I have a 22 for smaller cooks, my workhorse 26, and a 22 WSM for large gatherings.  All for less than the lower priced SCG.  I see some nice things on the SCG I would love to transplant to my 26 (like that top vent) but I like the setups I have now.

But if one pops up on CL in the next year or two for less than $1k, I will definitely be tempted.
Q2000; 26er; P Code MT; 22 WSM

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2016, 08:40:33 AM »
Neither.  I might at half MSRP, but that's not likely to happen.

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

stubblebum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2016, 10:16:19 AM »
I would not buy this or anything else with a substantial price at MSRP. MSRP is almost always higher than you see in stores even on brand new products. Maybe the group that bought Weber set the MSRP at higher than normal level. They can get the big bucks early from the high end status oriented consumer who has to have the latest greatest thing. This will create a higher perceived value of the product. Later when the price is lowered, they can appeal to the value oriented consumer by saying it has MSRP of xxxx and used to sell for xxxx, so now at xxxx you are getting xx percent off.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2016, 10:27:28 AM »

Ditto!

No, I have a 22 for smaller cooks, my workhorse 26, and a 22 WSM for large gatherings.  All for less than the lower priced SCG.  I see some nice things on the SCG I would love to transplant to my 26 (like that top vent) but I like the setups I have now.

But if one pops up on CL in the next year or two for less than $1k, I will definitely be tempted.

Sorry the poll title is different. I added the poll as a way to log votes but I misread the title of this thread as which one will you buy?.  If it were labeled "are you gonna buy one at msrp?" then the answers would be a resounding NO. I can remove it if it's not useful/relevant.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2016, 10:46:23 AM »
I buy lots of shit I don't need simply because I want it, if one was around here I'd certainly go look at it kick the tires and if I thought it was something different and fun I might pull the trigger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

mcgee10

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2016, 11:13:50 AM »
I got to believe the price will need to come down. After looking at the grill in person there are so many parts used that come from the performer grill. This has to be a huge money maker for weber I'll bet somewhere near 50% profit. I will not be buy one at anywhere near retail and $400 more for that table are you kidding me. They should have made it the size of a ranch kettle not just 1 1/2 inches bigger than the 22.5 grill.
I'll be sticking with my fresh rebuilt SS performer.

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2016, 04:57:01 PM »
When I was reading the contest rules for the SCG giveaway on Webers Facebook page I noticed the terms had the value estimated at $1499. I contacted them about the difference and the response I got back was:

Quote from: Weber Support
Hi Jeffrey! Thanks for reading the details of the fine print!  The MSRP for the grill is $1699 but you can likely find it at retail for $1499. Thanks and have a great day![\quote]

So it sounds like they are expecting to see it street price for a couple hundred less.
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

BluesDaddy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2016, 10:19:06 AM »
I prefer the one without the table, but would not buy at MSRP. Not anywhere close. Would have to be well under $1k for me to consider.