Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mini WSM fail  (Read 12010 times)

RoundRockMike

• Smokey Joe
Re: Mini WSM fail
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2016, 05:27:05 PM »
I finally got it done.  I took 2 rubber pads off of 2 screw clamps and put them onto a pair of vice grips.  I went around the pot slowly and didn't try to get it all done in one pass.  After going around once, I tightened the vice grips a little more, and repeated that a few times.  Probably 5 times all the way around in total.  It looks great, and no kinks.  Could probably return it to Wally World with no problems!   ;D   This weekend I'll get the SS hardware for the grate supports.

Paul Isa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2016, 07:12:24 PM »
Winz,

What pot did you use for your SJP 18". I got one SJP on Craigslist for free and there's one for sale for $30.00 right now and I'm thinking of making the 18" WSM mini. Did the lips fit or did you have to tweek some?  Do you have a post on your 18" build?

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2016, 11:31:32 PM »
Winz,

What pot did you use for your SJP 18". I got one SJP on Craigslist for free and there's one for sale for $30.00 right now and I'm thinking of making the 18" WSM mini. Did the lips fit or did you have to tweek some?  Do you have a post on your 18" build?

Here's @Winz 's 'Wapiti' build, @Paul Isa

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/project-wapiti/msg130487/#msg130487
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"