Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Double WSM Pickup Today  (Read 5905 times)

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
Double WSM Pickup Today
« on: March 01, 2016, 05:50:52 PM »
So I recently hooked a friend up with my WSM 18.5 so he could explore his budding interest in BBQ. He's doing well, and while I have other smokers I now found myself without a WSM... until today.

I picked up a NIB WSM 14.5 off OfferUp today for $80 and I found an older 18.5 WSM at a local pawn shop for $40 out the door. It's got all the parts except the door, so I'll need to pick up a replacement, probably get a Cajun Bandit door.

I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

tb80

• WKC Ranger
Re: Double WSM Pickup Today
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 06:07:27 PM »
Wow. Great day. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 06:17:40 PM »
The 18.5" was a steal. Nice job.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 07:43:04 PM »
Good work!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 10:28:59 PM »
So apparently the Cajun Bandit door assumes you are using the handle/latch from your original door, so they want $25 for the latch on top of the $22 for the door. Looks like I need to check out the Weber option.
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

Tommy B

• WKC Brave
    • @tommybrooker
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 05:34:23 AM »
I noticed they sell the compression latch for as much as the door as well. I have always thought about upgrading but don't think a door and latch is worth $50.
Hotty Toddy!

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 09:44:09 AM »
I noticed they sell the compression latch for as much as the door as well. I have always thought about upgrading but don't think a door and latch is worth $50.

Yeah I saw the latch, but there's a note that says it doesn't work with the door for old WSMs because of the hole placement

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 09:28:19 PM »
I'd make friends at tvwbb. Lots of members there upgrade their doors so it's likely you can find a good deal on one.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 11:29:54 PM »
I'd make friends at tvwbb. Lots of members there upgrade their doors so it's likely you can find a good deal on one.

I've got it posted over there too, I'm sure I'll be able to track something down

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 07:51:59 PM »
So I decided to put the 14.5 WSM together tonight and found a bunch of the bowl vent tabs were bent out of position and there was small but deep dent that cracked through the porcelain inside and out. I contacted Weber to see if it was covered under warranty. If not, it's no biggie as it won't affect the performance.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2016, 04:31:06 PM »
@AZRaptor Have you heard from Weber?
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2016, 04:44:15 PM »
I did. They sent me an e-mail letting me know they were sending out a replacement bowl, and I received a shipment notification a little bit later. FedEx shows it getting here on Wednesday.

Gotta love Weber support.

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2016, 07:21:42 PM »
Got the replacement bowl for my 14.5 in today and got it swapped out. They even sent me a matching date bowl. :)

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2016, 10:53:55 PM »

I've got it posted over there too, I'm sure I'll be able to track something down

I've got a brand new original door heading my thanks to Chris over at tvwbb. Once I have that she'll be good to go.

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2016, 05:55:39 PM »
Got the door this weekend. I'm hoping to get the clean up of it started next weekend, and this is the only thing I needed to make it complete.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 05:57:27 PM by AZRaptor »