Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Do the ProGrate with Tombstone or Baking Steel make a difference?  (Read 2683 times)

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
I ordered the KettlePizza off Groupon but see that there are other components.  I just wasn't sure how much difference they make.  Anyone here have experience with the Tombstone or Baking Steel?

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Do the ProGrate with Tombstone or Baking Steel make a difference?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 02:06:52 PM »
I don't have the steel or the tombstone.  The tombstone looks cool and is a nice thick strone.   Just not sure if it is worth the money.  I hiope a few people with these accesories chime in!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 02:39:48 PM »
The tombstone setup would be really cool, but then again I'm just trying to cook one pizza at a time. As for the Baking Steel, I honestly only see that to be a help for folks trying to cook the super thin or authentic Neapolitan pizzas. Both would add more heat up time at the start, but be nice for cooking more consecutive pizzas. I know, just playing Captain Obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 05:10:52 AM »
I don't have the tombstone but I do have the steel. I use to set an 1/8" steel plate on top of the ring and that worked good too. The steel was on sale so I figured I'd get it. It works well and gets the heat down on top of the pizza. You can actually just build your own.

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 07:35:22 PM »
I'm considering the Prograte w/ Tombstone for my setup because I think the open back and sides would be really convenient for refueling and I like the thickness of the stone. Amazon sells it for $139.99 which is $10 off the KettlePizza site. Anyone know of a cheaper source?
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ