Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: storing the kettle pizza?  (Read 3634 times)

Troy

• Statesman
storing the kettle pizza?
« on: March 07, 2016, 01:57:13 PM »
I did some re-arranging yesterday. When I removed the kettle pizza, and all of the contained attachments, I found lots and lots of water.
The ash inside was muddy, and the OTG ash bucket filled with water.

Since the kettle pizza attachment sits inside the bowl, rain and dew water trickle down directly into the bowl.

Do you guys NOT leave the pizza attachment on a grill? If not, has anyone come up with creative ways to store this thing?

I don't use covers.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: storing the kettle pizza?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 02:13:42 PM »
I don't think I have had rain since I got mine.  If it isn't on my SS performer it is hanging out in my gasser kettle.  With the lack of rain we get here in Pheonix I guess I haven't had to think about it...but would probably just take it out of whichever grill its on and just sit it on my SS performer next to the kettle until the rain passes.  It should hold up ok in the weather especially if I seal up the wooden handles.  I'm wondering if it would fit inside of my 26??
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
storing the kettle pizza?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 02:20:24 PM »
I said I wasn't going to replace all my covers that have worn out but went ahead and bought one of those huge ones for cheap on clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 02:40:11 PM »
@kettlecook -  I like it.  You got a grill under there?  Nope, I have three of them!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 03:16:45 PM »

@kettlecook -  I like it.  You got a grill under there?  Nope, I have three of them!

Yup. Look around the corner and you can see my offset smoker. It's cover used to be black but has faded to gray. My two WSM's and my new Premium Original kettle is on the front porch for when it rains. You could say I got it bad, and it's probably a good thing I don't live up north where most of the pretty kettle finds are made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 05:51:18 PM »
I put my KP and steel in the shed.