Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Performer regulator question  (Read 4845 times)

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
Performer regulator question
« on: February 23, 2013, 02:26:53 PM »
Hey a while back Jeff and Troy discussed a replacement regulator they got off of the shelf at Menards for their performer.  Do you guys remember which one it was?

Brian
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Jeff

• WKC Performer
Kettle collector AND cooker!

javahog2002

• WKC Ranger
Re: Performer regulator question
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 10:54:53 PM »
I am rewiring my house  this weekend also.  It will be 220 or 221 whatever it takes.  ::)
SSP '00-WSM 18.5-WSM 22.0-'90 MT-Hasty Bake Cado

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 11:20:35 AM »
I am rewiring my house  this weekend also.  It will be 220 or 221 whatever it takes.  ::)

Thanks Mr. Mom

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 01:46:02 PM »
On the same question. Mine has been acting weird. Had the tank filled last weekend, now it get some intermittent poofs? Just started it again, same thing, but still gets the coals going. I my regulator going south on me?

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 01:49:20 PM »
Maybe....I just need to get a new one, I got a bad one from Marty.  I'm gonna put another gas assist in Meas Azul, so I need a new regulator

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 05:30:02 PM »
Yeah, that's why I replaced it on my SS. Good to know which one works though, I have another project in my head. Now all I need is time.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 12:24:21 PM »
Greg, I had a similar problem where my gas assist was kinda popping and poofing intermittently.  I ran the problem by the message boards, and got some good advice to clean the burner assembly.  Specifically, a brass part before the gas gets delivered into the kettle.  It is a place where the gas mixes with the air, and the advice was to disassemble the parts (held together with a metal clip, if my memory serves), then use a wire brush to clean the face of the brass piece and to run a piece of the wire brush directly into the pinhole in the center of the brass piece to clean that out. 

I did all of that, and the thing now runs like a champ. 
One of the charcoal people.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 01:31:31 PM »
Greg, I had a similar problem where my gas assist was kinda popping and poofing intermittently.  I ran the problem by the message boards, and got some good advice to clean the burner assembly.  Specifically, a brass part before the gas gets delivered into the kettle.  It is a place where the gas mixes with the air, and the advice was to disassemble the parts (held together with a metal clip, if my memory serves), then use a wire brush to clean the face of the brass piece and to run a piece of the wire brush directly into the pinhole in the center of the brass piece to clean that out. 

I did all of that, and the thing now runs like a champ.

Thanks Mike! I think it is an air adjust valve. Maybe a piece of crud from the tank is blocking it a bit.
Still performs, but annoying.

Greg