Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WSM Question Regarding Modifying the Middle for a Rotisserie  (Read 10356 times)

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
Re: WSM Question Regarding Modifying the Middle for a Rotisserie
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2016, 03:24:19 PM »
Also you need to order an AC adapter right? I was thinking of getting the pimp kit for 200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2016, 03:27:25 PM »
@tb80, if I had the extra center section, I'd probably go ahead and set it up like @swamprb (nice setup, BTW!) has his.

Don't worry, a couple of holes here or there should not be a problem.  Even it they became a problem, you could easily get a couple of small pieces of sheet metal that you could put together with wingnuts to cover the holes.

Thanks @Big Dawg! But Like I said in an earlier post, I made the 22" WSM rotisserie ring @2010 when Weber replaced the out of round center, It worked remarkably well and it paired nicely with the Weber & EZ-Que ring on my Cajun Bandit 22" Kettle Conversion.

BD
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2016, 03:29:21 PM »
Also you need to order an AC adapter right? I was thinking of getting the pimp kit for 200.

I've never felt the need to get an AC adapter for the One Grill motor, I use it for comps and it has never failed me.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2016, 03:38:44 PM »
@tb80, if I had the extra center section, I'd probably go ahead and set it up like @swamprb (nice setup, BTW!) has his.

Don't worry, a couple of holes here or there should not be a problem.  Even it they became a problem, you could easily get a couple of small pieces of sheet metal that you could put together with wingnuts to cover the holes.

BD

As far as sealing any holes up, its easy like @Big Dawg mentioned. I took the unused 22" center and used it for my Pellet Poopin' Frankenweber. Its tight like that!

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 03:41:16 PM by swamprb »

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2016, 06:28:15 PM »
Thanks everyone.  When I get time I will probably modify my WSM.
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2016, 12:31:40 PM »

I have a Cajun Bandit ring that can be used on the kettle or flipped for the WSM or you can just get the WSM ring.
How do you like it? I am considering getting one. Is the motor and spit up to par with the weber version?

I like it a lot! @swamprb  has a great idea, I like it!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......