Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: You guys are a bad influence  (Read 14771 times)

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
    • The Best Podcast in the Universe
Re: You guys are a bad influence
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2016, 12:26:07 PM »
Right, if you have logo etched then filled in with contrasting High temp paint. Etching a distinct logo (curved surface) will be challenging tho...
...BOBBING FOR COALS IN MY KETTLE

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2016, 12:53:45 PM »
Though for video purposes, the kettle sizes might be better distinguished by some color.

GAH!!!! so now I'm back to red.  Are you trying to help or confuse me.  ??? ;)

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2016, 09:33:07 AM »
OK got tired of looking for a used one, so just ordered this bad boy...

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2016, 10:14:42 AM »
Nice choice! Can't wait to see it!

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2016, 11:04:00 AM »

Thanks!  I like the color and I prefer having a SS hinged grate over the new plated gourmet system.  I would not get the accessories and the center falling out all the time would get on my nerves.

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2016, 02:58:42 PM »

Thanks!  I like the color and I prefer having a SS hinged grate over the new plated gourmet system.  I would not get the accessories and the center falling out all the time would get on my nerves.

It comes with the gourmet grate system standard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2016, 03:25:19 PM »

My understanding is that this comes with the SS hinged grate.  That's what the description said as well.

http://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/weber-15503001-performer-deluxe-charcoal-grill-22-inch

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
You guys are a bad influence
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2016, 03:31:31 PM »

My understanding is that this comes with the SS hinged grate.  That's what the description said as well.

http://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/weber-15503001-performer-deluxe-charcoal-grill-22-inch

Pulled this off amazon. Same part number. To my knowledge all current performer deluxe models come with the gourmet bbq system. It is hinged on each side but does have the removable grate in the middle .

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2016, 03:40:52 PM »
It would not surprise me either way.  If it does come with the gourmet system I'll complain and make sure they get their storefront updated.  I'll let everyone know either way.

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2016, 03:46:38 PM »

It would not surprise me either way.  If it does come with the gourmet system I'll complain and make sure they get their storefront updated.  I'll let everyone know either way.

It's a great grill. You'll love it, the gourmet system isn't really a pain. Either way great choice, love the color

MeatAndPotatos

• WKC Brave
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2016, 04:10:33 PM »
I may be COMPLETELY wrong on this... (and I am sure someone here can correct me)

But didn't the SS table start with the 2015s? I know when I was looking for one at the end of last year it was new model with SS table and gourmet system, or last years model with plastic table and no gourmet.

I can't imagine having issues with the center piece falling out during cooking though. I guess when moving the grate out of the way you would have to move the centerpiece so it doesn't fall out... But it fits in place pretty damn sturdy.

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2016, 04:37:50 PM »
Well the product description says it has the SS grate.  We'll see.

"Get the rich taste of charcoal grilling with some of the convenience of gas with the WeberŽ PerformerŽ Deluxe Charcoal Grill 22-inch in crimson. The stainless steel 22-inch grate provides 363-square inches of cooking space for feeding a family or a big party"

I think it'd be win win if it has the metal table and SS hinged grate.

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2016, 10:20:46 PM »
I think it's probably unlikely that Weber does two versions of the performer deluxe in Crimson, one with a ss hinged grate and one with the gourmet system IMO. I imagine the gourmet system is a a selling point for most people buying the king of the hill charcoal grill.

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2016, 10:36:59 PM »
Let's just face it  @ABCbarbecue,  U wanted the top-of-the-line and now U got the top-of-the-line  ...  U lucky kettleHead.    Course you can always by an extra grilling grate for your NEW beautiful Crimson Weber Performer Deluxe, they only cost about $20 bucks in Home Despot, U can swap between the two until you buy a WoK :)                         SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2016, 02:11:17 AM »

Let's just face it  @ABCbarbecue,  U wanted the top-of-the-line and now U got the top-of-the-line  ...  U lucky kettleHead.    Course you can always by an extra grilling grate for your NEW beautiful Crimson Weber Performer Deluxe, they only cost about $20 bucks in Home Despot, U can swap between the two until you buy a WoK :)                         SJ

Yeah what he said!