Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Proper Way to Clean Inside of a Kettle  (Read 2766 times)

vic

• Smokey Joe
Proper Way to Clean Inside of a Kettle
« on: January 02, 2016, 11:58:45 AM »
I'm sure there are many topics on this subject, If someone would be willing to point some of them out to me, I would really be appreciative. Thx and Happy New Year to all the Grillfellas

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Re: Proper Way to Clean Inside of a Kettle
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 12:16:29 PM »
Go to the WKC home page and scroll all the way down till you see on the left there are links for cleaning the inside and outside of a kettle.  Depends of how much of a deep clean you want or need.  If you want it to look new you can start by scraping and maybe oven cleaner.  My last restore I did both because it was a crusty nightmare.  You may not have to go that far. 
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

vic

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 12:36:09 PM »
Well Duh!!! Thank You Dave!!!

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 04:55:56 PM »
The only time I do a good clean is after I buy a used grill. Who knows what they cooked on it and I don't want to cook on someone else's crap. I strip it down to new and start cooking.

The grills I use only get a scrape with a plastic putty knife if cheese or some grease dripped down on the sides of the bowl, or some carbonized grease is peeling off of the lid. Occasionally I use a paint brush to sweep the extra ash out the the ash sweep leaves behind.

I use aluminum foil under the meat when cooking indirect to catch the grease drippings, especially chicken wings, legs, or thighs. If that grease gets down under the ash sweep combined with ash can freeze up a sweep like concrete, and you have to remove it to clean it up.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 06:23:40 PM »

Meaning what?! You asked a question I answered it.  No need to get smart about it.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 09:02:31 PM »
@Davescprktl

I think he meant to say "I'm duhm" not "your duhm".

You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 10:08:16 PM »

Yeah, in this instance,  I think "Well Duh!!!" = Facepalm

Well Duh!!! :-[    would be what I think he meant.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 10:10:42 PM by AZRaptor »
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 06:42:11 AM »

Yeah, in this instance,  I think "Well Duh!!!" = Facepalm

Well Duh!!! :-[    would be what I think he meant.

Ok I got it now.  Makes sense.  I think I need to chill out and grill.  Thanks guys!

vic

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 08:16:06 AM »
Dave - No Disrespect was intended towards you, It was referenced towards myself.

Thank you all for your help. Going to follow the guidelines on the main page.

Harley - Thanks for the paint brush idea, will put that to use.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 06:35:40 AM »
Dave - No Disrespect was intended towards you, It was referenced towards myself.

Thank you all for your help. Going to follow the guidelines on the main page.

Harley - Thanks for the paint brush idea, will put that to use.

We are all good!  If you have any more questions we can help.