Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Took a lamb leg for a spin...  (Read 1901 times)

MossyMO

• WKC Brave
    • Owens BBQ
Took a lamb leg for a spin...
« on: December 05, 2015, 02:13:11 PM »
Boneless leg of lamb seasoned with Tatonka Dust on the rotisserie getting some cherry smoke and cooking indirect courtesy of the Vortex to a internal meat temp of 140º and then pulled for a rest.

-----

Removed the rotisserie from the grill, flipped the Vortex for more indirect cooking, added a grate to put on a French loaf my wife doctored up with a olive cheese bread recipe and a bag of frozen veggies, a green bean/carrot blend flavored up with some butter, bacon pieces and Tatonka Dust in the cast iron pans.

-----

Plated and ated... this was an excellent meal!

Thanks for looking!

Jon

• WKC Ranger
Re: Took a lamb leg for a spin...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 05:14:17 PM »
I'm curious about using the Vortex with the roti that way. What temps were you running? And for how long? And how many lbs. was the leg?

The lamb and veggies look great, and the bread looks maybe even better!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 05:43:38 PM »
Looks great!
I'm with Jon about how the vortex worked for the rotisserie set up.

MossyMO

• WKC Brave
    • Owens BBQ
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 06:33:31 PM »
I'm curious about using the Vortex with the roti that way. What temps were you running? And for how long? And how many lbs. was the leg

This set up work well for rotisserie and this is not the first time I have tried it, did a prime rib earlier this year on the roti! - http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/bbq-food-pics/rotisserie-rib-roast/msg160698/#msg160698
I never check grill temp with the temp Vortex, just keep an eye on internal meat temp and the same with time as I am more concerned with internal meat temp. I would say I had 5 beers so it must have been on the grill around an hour and a half!

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 07:22:43 PM »
That looks terrific!
How much lit/unlit charcoal?
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 08:42:55 PM »
Looks phenomenal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 09:03:20 PM »
I'm curious about using the Vortex with the roti that way. What temps were you running? And for how long? And how many lbs. was the leg

This set up work well for rotisserie and this is not the first time I have tried it, did a prime rib earlier this year on the roti! - http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/bbq-food-pics/rotisserie-rib-roast/msg160698/#msg160698
I never check grill temp with the temp Vortex, just keep an eye on internal meat temp and the same with time as I am more concerned with internal meat temp. I would say I had 5 beers so it must have been on the grill around an hour and a half!

OK, got that. The beer timing sounds doable if domestic and not a craft IPA. It's probably alright if I run over on the beer count and just start checking temps about an hour in?

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 03:55:21 AM »
What an awesome meal!!
I like the olive on the bread idea too :)

Cochise

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2015, 05:48:28 AM »
Nice work! I keep wanting to do lamb. Maybe this St. Patrick's day
SMOKE THIS!!