Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weekend rib cook  (Read 1799 times)

Stringplucker1

• Smokey Joe
Weekend rib cook
« on: October 26, 2015, 02:17:39 PM »
After my success smoking my first pork butt on a kettle the previous weekend, I figured this weekend I'd tackle ribs for some guests we had coming over on Saturday.
I give you, 9lbs spare ribs, trimmed up and rubbed, lightly, with Meathead's basic Memphis dust and touch of salt.

It was a busy morning, driving the kids of to the grandparents so the wife and I can clean house and cook. Ribs on the cooker an hour after I planned on.

3 hours in at 225 and they've got some good color. Time to throw in some stuffed portobellos too.

4 hours on and chugging away while my little helper of the day, freshly home from the grandparents, approves with a nice little dance move.

She's all smiles.

Fingerling potatoes on, mushrooms looking good.

I love how these ribs are looking.

6 hour cook time, never wrapped, sauced very lightly last 15-20 minutes on the grill. 30 minute rest, then cut into this beauty...

My other helper and lightest eater had 4 bones...off the bone, but I'm proud of her eating so much nonetheless.

Anyway, these ribs had such a nice bite off the bone. Also had a sweet note as applewood was the choice of the day. The beautiful color was a welcome bonus. The taste was above what I expected, and all were happy. Nobody left hungry either. Two days on and I'm still eating good.
If you looked and your mouth watered, I thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C&B Blue Performer

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Weekend rib cook
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 02:29:49 PM »
Great cook! Might have to try some ribs without wrapping one of these days.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 02:35:34 PM »
Those look great! I'm definitely skipping the wrap next time, thanks for the inspiration!

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 09:49:47 AM »
Love it!  What a smoke ring!  It looks like you have a great grill partner as well! 
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 01:03:46 PM »
Ribs look great, nice color and smoke ring! I've stopped wrapping my ribs a while ago and have never looked back I like the texture of unwrapped so much better. And after the pork butt the other day I don't think I'm gonna wrap anything again!

@Strinplucker1 you're a brave man letting your helpers eat ribs on a nice white chair like that!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 07:04:34 PM »
They look awesome.  Can't wait to cook ribs again!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2015, 10:35:35 PM »
Haven't wrapped my ribs for quite some time either  ...   some rub, 225 degrees, apple or oak wood, and time.  Like them w/o sauce, but usually do 1/2 & 1/2 for the wife :)   Yours turned out great looking and, from where I sit, they looked very tasty; congrats on the cook and the blue performer.                            SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".