Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Who has the 22.5 rotesserie?  (Read 4285 times)

ECinEI

• Smokey Joe
Re: Who has the 22.5 rotesserie?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2015, 12:48:36 AM »
I got mine as a Christmas present so I can't speak to cost.  But after you "spin" a couple of chickens the sting of even paying retail will fade away.  We even did a smallish Thanksgiving turkey on ours.

Mark4mn

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2015, 06:24:55 AM »
I have been informed by a higher authority (wife) that it is not only ok to get one, but it will be delivered to the house on Friday!

Too cool..............

I would like to thank everyone for the feedback. I am glad after so many years to have a 22.5 Premium  and a Smokey Joe again.

Mark
22.5 Performer Deluxe, Chargriller Outlaw, Smokey Mountain 22, Smokin-it #3,
Camerons stovetop smoker
More Lodge cast iron than I will ever admit to

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2015, 10:38:18 AM »
Congrats Mark4mn, we'll want to see pics of the inaugural cook up on the new roti,
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2015, 10:33:01 PM »
OK, Speaking of Roti's  ...  I have two of the original 22.5" Weber Roti's and both of them have humongous gaps between the Roti and the kettle when it's in place on it's mounting tabs.   Plays hell with maintaining cooking temps :(   Has anyone looked into or found a solution for sealing that gap???   Fire proof felt?  Or, maybe, Nomex gasket material.        SJ

PS   Anyone ever remove the tabs???   Think the Roti would settle down into the kettle bowl, but would it be stable enough??  It is, afterall, spinning a chicken  :)  :)
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2015, 10:39:19 PM »
OK, Speaking of Roti's  ...  I have two of the original 22.5" Weber Roti's and both of them have humongous gaps between the Roti and the kettle when it's in place on it's mounting tabs.   Plays hell with maintaining cooking temps :(   Has anyone looked into or found a solution for sealing that gap???   Fire proof felt?  Or, maybe, Nomex gasket material.        SJ

PS   Anyone ever remove the tabs???   Think the Roti would settle down into the kettle bowl, but would it be stable enough??  It is, afterall, spinning a chicken  :)  :)

Simple solution is to get an older Weber to go with the older Roti.   I have the same gaps when using my Roti on my Performer, but it fits like a champ on my early 70's kettle.

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2015, 11:28:45 PM »
Eureka !!!   I'll give that a try, I think my Red MBH is a '73-'75.    Thanks for the tip :)  :)       SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".